Who Is Racing NHRA Unleashed At Trails?

wagner

What's the website for more info on this? Are imports aloud or not? I don't care if I'm the only one I just want to make sure I'm aloud before I get fuel and waste my time hauling the car up. Do tickets need to be purchased before hand?

• 2 weeks later...

I am running my fathers 71 GTO in the 12.00 class. Should be a good time.

Its open to any make an model.

Here is the link for more information NHRA UnLeashed

And yes all pit passes and racer tickets must be purchased in advance and I believe are limited to 65 racers per index class? Not 100% sure on the number of racers allowed but I do know they are limiting the number of entrees.

• 4 weeks later...

A week out who is in? After seeing the groups of racers and friends it would be cool if we could get a bunch of people out to support those of us that will be racing in this event!

Is there a sponsor on here that could maybe do some cheaper tshirts for us?

They will be doing audtions for the racing reality show there too.

GREAT first day! Track is hooking and the Red Dragon is running fast, a bit to fast :)

I have been 2 to 3 tenths under my index and the Pro Tree has not been my friend, but it has been a great experience.

Hopefully after the 3 hits tomrrow at the tree I will get it figured out. I was able to rip off a 13.03 at one point so there is hope!

There are some sick fast Limited Street and 10.5 cars and the 9.5 index cars are really close as well.

Well things turned out better than I thought. I ended up making it all the way down to the quarter finals and have a good shot at making the final cut for the TV show.

I ended up losing to John Rheal who has been racing for longer than I have been alive. I cut a great light, and have him covered the entire track but did not get out enough. I ran a 12.97 on the 13.0 index.

Overall an outstanding event and I really hope to run more than one of these next year.

I am in for the 13.00 class, anybody else going to be at this? Maybe we can set up a CR pit area?

Any of the sponsors of the board going to have cars there?

It was good meeting you yesterday. Now we will see if my "unicorn" that is "all set up for drag racing" (freaking Brady lol) will see one of these types of events soon.

It was good meeting you yesterday. Now we will see if my "unicorn" that is "all set up for drag racing" (freaking Brady lol) will see one of these types of events soon.

The donkey with the cap LOL! Brady should have had a mic with some of the jokes he was cracking :)

It was great to meet you to and get that beast out to the track.

Chad's car was just insane, so clean, so fast, and built right.

Well, I asked and nobody would give me the mic.

The event was a great time. It was cool getting to hang out with everyone and I had a blast even though I went out in the first round. I ran my best pass ever in qualifying with a 12.066@113.85. I am really happy with that considering I am still running the stock airbox and cats! The car really needs a 2-step and just a bit more power to be competitive in the 12.0 class. I had to be dead on to be close. In the first round I overshot the launch rpm at the line and then by time it came down the tree lit and I was late. I ended up launching a little low on rpm and then didnt have enough to catch up. I had fun regardless and plan to do a few more events with the car.

Here is the time slip from the morning qualifying round. For those that dont know, my mods so far are lowering springs, lca's, uca, mt et streets, my own custom tune, and Corsa mufflers.

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii353/brady/Ford/Mustang/2011%20Mustang/Brady%202011%20GT/DSC00028.jpg

And here is the video of my first round failure! Lol! I would have had the 12.06 pass on video but the camera ran out of memory space half way down the track.:mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z45fosvw8ig&hd=1

And when exactly are you and Pegasus going to make it out?

BTW, congrats Wagner for doing so well!

And when exactly are you and Pegasus going to make it out?

BTW, congrats Wagner for doing so well!

Thanks man! It is something that I will never forget :) I had no idea the guy went red in the first round so I raced him and ended up running a 13.01!

I roll up to the lanes and I got the bye run because I was closest to the index in the first round. I really tried to slow the car down on the bye but still ran a 12.82.

In the quarters I had the guy the whole freaking way and lost the race in the last 200 feet when I did not lift enough and broke out with a 12.97 :(

It is really cool to roll up to the line with the TV lights and everything that is going on.

I might have that 12.06 on tape I will need to check...

I am glad you guys all had what seems like good weekends.

I will say it was a blast and I LOVED the racing. I wish I could run a pro tree all the time. My lights were .066, .066, .022, .032 and a .050. And for the three pass's were the car stayed together it ran a 11.966, 12.014 and a 12.013. Yeah it would have been pretty bad ass not to blow the piston skirts off and keep the motor together. O well there is always next year. I hope they come back to Trails or at least some where close like Indy or Norwalk.

O and it was nice to meet you Wagner.