Land Rover/ Range Rover

Drewhop

1990-2001 Range.

My brother has been looking for a SUV. He likes these. I honestly know nothing about them. What are some common problems. Things to look out for.

Also some plus and minus of them.

I love this one: http://www.xceedspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171438&highlight=rover

They have some issues, but nothing too serious. Just don't let him get one that has no records... I know the air bag systems have been known to have issues, so some people un-install it and put a normal setup on.

The owner of the dealership I used to work at had one of these. That thing was possessed. The suspension would do crazy things, the power seat would move on it's own, and the alarm would start going off while driving down the road.

I don't know the history behind it though. Could have been in water or something else.

I know a guy that is on his second one.The first one burned to the ground from a short in the wiring.He bought another one with a suspension bag blown and continues to work on it at least once a week for something that has went wrong.I do like the looks of themwith a snorkle and Old Man Emu Lift plus they are very capable off road.They have a group that goes to The Wilds and other places frequently.

Money pit.....seriously.

Electrical systems are a nightmare. The V8's like to leak coolant everywhere and it's never cheap to fix. Lower intake, timing chain, throttle body pre heater, etc.

It's a big European truck and they are proud of their parts.

o forgot to mention we ahd one that blew a whole in the block. 8 grand later it had a new engine... and needles to say the owner wanted to sell it before we had even finished the new install. stay away from them

I have bought and sold many Land Rovers at my car lot. They are amazing machines when they run right and nothing can stop them whether it is in deep snow or very slippery ice. Things to be aware of: air ride suspension (try to find one that has been converted to a coil spring setup), the 4.6L in the HSE models have a leaking head gasket problem as the head bolts like to back out by themselves.