Thoughts on a Mk 1 Audi TT

Sparky

I'm looking at some 225 versions as well as some 3.2's. I like the looks of the 3.2's with the S-Line package but I like the tuning potential of the 1.8T.

What kind of life span do the 3.2's have?

Other than sludge what issues do the later 1.8's have? (2002-2004)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a 180hp version TT and MK4 R32 at the same time. The 180hp TT is a slow, but fun to drive car (underpowered of course). The R32 was an amazing machine and I would trade my E46 M3 for the right one. I have never been in the 3.2 TT so I would assume it is just as fun. You are right that the 1.8T has a somewhat easier tuning potential, however nothing beats the sound of the 3.2 VR6 motor and if your pockets are deep enough, it can be stupid fast.

there is a guy on ohio vw making over 550-600whp on a 225 tt. Its got megasuirt and rods and pistons...and a big turbo of course

I raced that car from a dig and roll and it got beat.

Maybe at the crank. and Haldex putting all the power to the front wheels.

I'm looking at some 225 versions as well as some 3.2's. I like the looks of the 3.2's with the S-Line package but I like the tuning potential of the 1.8T.

What kind of life span do the 3.2's have?

Other than sludge what issues do the later 1.8's have? (2002-2004)

]

what do you want AWD or FWD?

1.8t can go fast Sure stock form sucks balls. Bolt on kits with mail order tunes can get you 300-350 on stock block any more and kaboom.

All the same problems any 1.8T car could have. Then multiple the parts by 1.5 since it's for a TT. Otherwise they are pretty neat. I'm not a fan of the way the windows are set up, not a whole lot of visibility.

Otherwise it's your standard Audi/VW drive line in a neat looking chassis.

The 3.2's are DSG only. Both the 225 and 3.2 run low 14s stock.

Get the 225 6 speed.

Do the basic bolt ons/chip and enjoy a low 13 second car like Jones said.

I would rather have a B7 A4, but they are probably more expensive.

yeah Id let it got for 7k now. I was in need to sell but now if somone comes along they can pick it up for that price if they want.

I want to see this thing. Videos anywhere? I remember seeing the thread, but do not recall too many pics?