Bought Another Boat....

FormulaMatt

I got it last night. In the ongoing saga of finishing up the Formula, I decided I am tired of not going out. The VIP is close to being done, but I want to sell it as soon as it is finished. Plus, with the 1 year old, I wanted something with a small cabin to put him in to get out of the sun or take a nap.

It is a 1993 Larson 190 All American. It has the 3.0 4 cylinder Mercruiser with the Alpha One outdrive. It runs great! Need some interior work and CLEANED up bad though. The out side is dirty, but will come back out great. I tested a small area last night and it cleaned up to a awesome gloss. It amazes me how some people let such nice things go to such a shitty shape.

Here she is:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w211/Matt86K5/Larson/P7290019.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w211/Matt86K5/Larson/P7290024.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w211/Matt86K5/Larson/P7300027.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w211/Matt86K5/Larson/lar2.jpg

Edited by FormulaMatt

Yeah I know... I really should just start a boat yard.

Haha, thats awesome though. I am with ya on the boats, I thought about buying a slower cuddy style boat for cruising on the weekends with my friends and then buying a skater style boat for racing during the week by myself. All my friends look at me funny when I mention owning more then one boat.

Haha, thats awesome though. I am with ya on the boats, I thought about buying a slower cuddy style boat for cruising on the weekends with my friends and then buying a skater style boat for racing during the week by myself. All my friends look at me funny when I mention owning more then one boat.

I never in a million years would have thought I would have more than 1 much less 3 at one time. It is kind of a cool feeling though. Now I just need to get them all finished. The new one is water ready...just needs some stuff in the interior re-wrapped and the carpet cleaned or maybe replaced. I am taking it out this weekend though for sure.

Matt!!! Come on dude finish one.. or even both of ur other boats first :lol: now ur flaoting barge will never get done.

Yeah yeah. The Formula was close (up and running), but a known problem from the beginning with one of my heads for the stroker was never corrected and replaced like I thought it had been. The machine shop has them both back now and I have a new one in hand. Now I just need to find out which one of the old ones was the cracked one. Then reassemble. It will make it out this year, I'm just tired of waiting. Now I can come out on Wednesdays, no speed contender unfortunately, but I can still have some fun.

No, they will all work. Two of them are water useable right now. All that is left on the VIP is putting in the carpet then bolting the seats in. The Formula is a different story all together, but that's what happens when you build something to the level I am.

I will let you use one when they all do. :D

Posted actual pics up top.

I am going to strip off all the old vinyl striping and give it a good buffing. It should look near new at that point. The white gel coat is in great condition. The blue has some oxidation, but should come out ok. I also am going to put new carpet in the boat. The carpet in it is in good shape, just 3 different shades. I will also redo the trailer with new bunks paint and lighting.