The Jack Hanna thread got me reading Cali's gun laws, look at this bullshit.

SpaceGhost

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/2009bills.php

Beginning February 1, 2011, handgun ammunition vendors must obtain a thumbprint and other information related to handgun ammunition transactions subject to specified exceptions (including transfers to peace officers who are authorized to carry a firearm in the course and scope their duties). The information must be retained by the vendor for five years from the date of the transaction. A violation is a misdemeanor. (§ 12061.)

starting in 2011 you will get thumbprinted when you buy amunition there. :nono:

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/ab991.php

Firearms Information for New California Residents

Handguns

Any person who moves into California and who brings any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person is considered to be a "Personal Handgun Importer" and is required to do one of the following within 60 days:

Complete and submit a NEW RESIDENT HANDGUN OWNERSHIP REPORT form along with $19.00 to the Department of Justice. A separate report form and $19.00 fee is required for each handgun reported. NEW RESIDENT HANDGUN OWNERSHIP REPORT forms can be obtained from California Department of Motor Vehicles' offices, licensed firearms dealers, local police and sheriff's departments, the California Department of Justice Bureau of Firearms at (916) 263-4887, and from the Online Forms Page at this site.

Sell or transfer the handgun(s) to a California licensed firearms dealer or to another individual using a California licensed firearms dealer to conduct the transaction.

or

Sell or transfer the handgun(s) to a California police or sheriff's department. Persons choosing this option should contact the law enforcement agency for instructions prior to transporting the handgun(s) to the agency.

Any person transporting handguns in California is required under California law to transport those handguns unloaded and in a locked container other than the glove compartment or utility compartment of a vehicle.

SHOTGUNS AND RIFLES

California law does not require persons moving into California report rifles or shotguns. One important thing to be aware of though is that certain rifles and shotguns may be defined as assault weapons in California and are prohibited from entering this state under most normal circumstances. Additionally, machine guns and ammunition feeding devices with the capacity to accept greater that 10 rounds may not be transported into California.

Please be aware that failure to comply with these mandated handgun requirements could result in criminal prosecution (Penal Code Section 12072(g)).

So my XDM .40 has a magazine of 16, and is considered an assault weapon. I would have to buy new magazines.

I will never live in that bankrupt, fucked up, liberal infested, tree hugging, shit hole of a state.

Some day maybe they'll realize (probably not though) that making it nearly impossible to arm yourself legally will have little to no impact on crimes involving guns. If you're a criminal, I can't imagine you give a shit about what the gun laws are and your guns are likely stolen anyway. What a bunch of tards.

2nd amendment protects the right to bear arms, not the right to buy ammunition with no caveats.

I don't think anyone is saying that. But it's not stopping any criminals either.

But, I'd also argue that ammunition is considered 'arms', and as such, falls under 2A protection.

Who wants to start a black market ammo smuggling operation along the Cali/Nevada border with me? Anyone?

I don't think anyone is saying that. But it's not stopping any criminals either.

But, I'd also argue that ammunition is considered 'arms', and as such, falls under 2A protection.

Who wants to start a black market ammo smuggling operation along the Cali/Nevada border with me? Anyone?

Agreed with this statement. I'm here with guys from Illinois to Massachusetts and have to say I'm glad to be a resident of Ohio. It's down right rediculous some places to purchase, own and even shoot a firearm. I can think of a few states that need looked at by the Supreme Court.

I'm game for running ammo Austin. I might start reloading here once I return for good sometime next year.