WTB: 6.5" or 8" sub and amp

Bam

Nothing crazy, just replacing the factory setup in my car as the sub is blown and the amp is highly underpowered....Not looking to spend a ton and do not need a box.

Thanks

Got a 10 I think in a box with amp I let it got for 100 what I paid for it

Won't fit in the stock enclosure....thanks though. The stock sub is a 6.5" but people say you can mod the box to fit an 8" sub in it. I don't have room for a box in my trunk and so I want to use the factory setup if possible as it hangs from the rear tray inside the trunk.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-854

i have four of those in my truck lol, but for an 8 i think they sound really good, and will hit the lows, i've had now problem with mine hitting 20hz. But thats what i would recommend to put in there

Sweet, thanks for the link, what do you recommend to do for an amp? I'm car audio illiterate...

Sweet, thanks for the link, what do you recommend to do for an amp? I'm car audio illiterate...

what do you have right now? cause 150-200watts rms is all that sub would need, they're rated at 150, but i see lots of people pushing anywhere from 180-240watts through them

Well this is what I'm finding on the car forums....

Stock box is a sealed deal, and is .46 cubic feet.

Stock amp is 75wRMS @ 6 ohms. They say in theory it will put out about 95-100wRMS @ 4 ohms, but I have no idea what this means.

The power wire going to it is 12 gauge, and so they recommend replacing it.

That help any?