Finally, an easy repair.

nurkvinny

So, I got a phone call with some bad family news this morning, so to take my mind off that, I decided to fix the Ram. It has been hesitating, stumbling, and was throwing an EGR code.

Now, research showed that the EGR on the Hemi going out would not cause a drivability issue, but I figured different. Went to Advance in Pataskala, tightened my asshole waiting on the $100+ quote...

"$38 in stock".

Badass. New part went in in 20 minutes (including 1 Bud Light). SES light is off, truck sounds perfect again, life is good.

Now, why can't every home mechanic repair go quickly and for 1/3 the expected cost?

Fwiw, i just put new pads and rotors on my beater car and it was $78 for all parts and about 2 hours of taking my time to get it done. Bad part is it was last weekend when it was hot as fuck anx by the time i was done i looked like someone just hit me with a hose

Now, why can't every home mechanic repair go quickly and for 1/3 the expected cost?

I hear ya! I started out replacing my rear pads and rotors because they appeared warped/pads gone. Then couldn't get rear pass caliper pistion to fully compress, but enough to get it back on. 1 mile down the road I smelt burning/had smoke coming from that corner. Turned around, bought new caliper for that side, went home, replaced it. Then couldn't get it to bleed or anything, check the otherside rear and same thing on the original caliper. Found out the rear flex lines on both sides were collapsed...went to store, replaced those, and finally its all good. A 30 minute job turned into a few hour job easy.

Fixing your own shit sucks sometimes...Glad yours was an easy and cheap fix!

yeah did a trans service on the jeep this weekend wasn't so bad other then the filler tube would not let the pan drop all the way out. sevice is only supposed to be a 2 quart refill but drained 2 quarts from the pan and another 2 drained out after I dropped it. Then I Spent another hr cleaning the freakin gasket off. but got it all buttoned up and back together with no leaks. Next time I will have it done. LOL