Grudge Racing MCIR

Evolved8

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Whine
The next one is not until the 14th. I really wish they would do it every week.
keep coming to them and we will switch to every week. all thats need to switch to every week is good car count. we did 2 weeks at 1st to see how it goes. so far so good, every time it gets bigger!

It seems like every Friday in Columbus there is an arguement about wether or not the grudge races are that Saturday or not. Would be easier just to say YES every weekend. :) What kind of turn out do you need to see to do it every Saturday?

Guest Whine
It seems like every Friday in Columbus there is an arguement about wether or not the grudge races are that Saturday or not. Would be easier just to say YES every weekend. :) What kind of turn out do you need to see to do it every Saturday?

like it was this last saturday. the grudge schedule is on marions website and ours. it will be saturdays from here on out, but it does conflict with some of marions shows and sometimes we got to skip a week. thats why its not every 2 weeks now. i thought about taking those weeks that we cant run on saturday and move them to fridays, but that would just confuse everyone..lol..oh well after the funny car show we will be back on every 2 weeks.

00 type R is your car yellow? There was a yellow type R at mcir last friday that did alright for itself.

Ya that was him. You saw my friends cobalt ss tc then to racing him and some others. I will have to say that even though I am not much of a honda fan that car runs well and when he can bang his gears it gets down the track fairly impressive.

Yes that was my car. I had a terrible time getting gears. I was told it was bad syncros. I am thinking it was motor mounts allowing to much swing in the motor/trans assembly. I swapped out the front mount and front torque mount and its like a whole new tranny. Even the rattling from my short shifter is gone. I have to install the rear mount and still looking for the other 2 mounts. I am hopefully going to work on it all day tomorrow.

Ya that was him. You saw my friends cobalt ss tc then to racing him and some others. I will have to say that even though I am not much of a honda fan that car runs well and when he can bang his gears it gets down the track fairly impressive.

yep- cobalt looks fast- couldn't see times but blowoff valve sounds cool-

I did hear some shifting problems typeR- decent powered fwd cars are hard to shift well especially with worn mounts/bushings- our 04 rsx-s we just sold was near impossible to shift fast without wheel hop or tire shudder or something... I really disliked that about it but otherwise it was a sweet car- people did say aftermarket motormounts would change that. When acura told us the shifter cable bushings were worn on one of those free inspection days I put a set of aluminum bushings under the shifter and at the cables and it made a big difference with no increase in noise...

hope to see both of you the 14th!

I won't be making it out the 14th :( I am outta town. I can't wait to try the new mounts out though. On the street they seem good. It was cheap as hell to. If anyone ever needs a cheap way to do "solid" mounts look up window weld mounts. I am sure the trick is as old as I am but it is always new to someone.

I saw the green camaro, some sort of exhaust work? He got beat by the cobalt on here but not by a lot IIRC - I will let typer respond on his results as I don't remember if they ran or not.

Yeah some sort of wing haha. Exhaust... cut off? I got the rest of it sitting in my garage lol. Anyways, i heard the guy in the type r cut off his power steering belt to have a better chance against him and still lost. Don't know, wasnt there.

Anyways, car runs good for a mostly stock lt1 with a bad trans.

And by the new Black colbalt? That one?

Yeah some sort of wing haha. Exhaust... cut off? I got the rest of it sitting in my garage lol. Anyways, i heard the guy in the type r cut off his power steering belt to have a better chance against him and still lost. Don't know, wasnt there.

Anyways, car runs good for a mostly stock lt1 with a bad trans.

And by the new Black colbalt? That one?

I don't know if it is black or dark blue as it was dark out but it is a newer model- his friend "I eat rice" - David- is on here in this post- it does have blue HID headlights- supposedly slowbalt on here IIRC?

haha you caught me between edits- I didn't see you mentioned the wing before I posted the first time ;-) I dunno about the power steering belt deal as type r will have to respond but I am pretty sure its like the RSX and is a serpentine setup so that would mean no waterpump or alternator either which I would be surprised he would take that chance???

LT1s aren't LS series motors but they definitely aren't slow- I enjoyed my old firebird quite a lot! I knew a guy with a speed density 93 with just 3.73 rear gear, auto with a shift kit, and headers that ran 13 flat to 13 teens consistently...

Sorry to hear you can't come out the 14th type R there was a white type R back in the day that gave my old lt1 car a run for its money - if it were not for my 4.10 gears he probably would have beat me- not bad for half the cylinders, less than half the displacement, and no power adder...

Yeah i keep trying to talk him into 100shot or something... Who knows. I hope to be out to one of these sometime here soon and get a feel for the new car. Hell if i go to the matchs on the 14th ill still have temp tags haha

hope to see you there as well fubar then- my sister had a 99 Camaro SS A4 and it ran 13.6-13.7s bone stock in 90 degree heat letting the auto do all the work- She beat my lt1 car on street tires while listening to the radio while I did burnout on et streets, held revs, launched at about 3 grand, rowed gears and about strained my leg trying to put the pedal through the floor ;-) Of course I didn't have the nitrous then.

Wayne- do the loudspeakers work out there at the track? We thought we could hear what was going on really well in the beginning when we were sitting on the grass hill and then when we went to the stands could barely hear anything at all? How does the announcing work there?

Guest Whine
Wayne- do the loudspeakers work out there at the track? We thought we could hear what was going on really well in the beginning when we were sitting on the grass hill and then when we went to the stands could barely hear anything at all? How does the announcing work there?
not sure, i do know he turns some stuff off after they close.

Guest Whine
i may be comming to the 14th one to test the other gear.

i thought you was done for the year!...lol. its hard i know, ive been wanting to pull my motor back out but i said screw it. hell there is only 4 races left of grudge nights

I cut the power steering belt off cause it was half shredded. We were waiting in line to race and I got out to see a friend run and I heard SMACK SMACK SMACK. I killed the car and opened the hood. 2 ribs had broke and were slapping the PS line and hood. So I cut it and raced him. I was winning last time we were at the track so he added the cut out. Now he is barely beating me. If I take some shit out of the car or do a little more tuning I bet I got him beat. The beauty of it (at least to me) is that I can pretty much keep up with him nd he is borrowing money to get home cause he is out of gas.