Electric Cut Outs

99FLHRCI

I have a 2000 Type R. I am working on getting some power out of it but, keeping it a sleeper as much as possible. I have a 3" KTeller cat back with a Dynomax muffler. I just got an electric cut out for it. I am trying to decide if I want to go back to the stock exhaust or keep the 3". Ideas? Suggestions? Opinions?

I know I enjoyed the Cut-Outs in the Marauder. This is how mine was configured:

Long Tube Headers > Cut-Outs > Stock Front Cats > Modified Stock H-Pipe > Stock Mufflers and Tips

I LOVED it! Loud and aggressive when I wanted it, and a nice low tone for normal driving.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

I can't remember what all you had done to your car for some reason and I just saw it run quite a bit this weekend. Umm if your a boosted car the cut out will help and you will prob pick up a little more power than what you have on there now but I cant see it being alot unless you are on a high boost setting because from the sound of your car it seemed that you were running pretty straight through as it was ie no cats. Honestly test it and see for yourself what the power gains are with the cut out vs your current set up and you will prob find your answer. You could always just run the stock muffler with your current exhaust set up too and probably not lose alot in power and have the more sleeper look your going for.

The biggest problem with that is adapting the 2.25" muffler and pipe to the 3" cat back. The 2.5" cut out is gonna be right behind the collector before it widens to 3" (or shrinks to 2.25". The biggest thing I like about the stock set up is no constant drone when driving, no goofy tip or turn down and the stock look. I have heard that a resonator will help the drone but I do not know. The exhaust currently is straight through to the Dynomax muffler. I think what finally irked me about the current set up is banging my shin on the turn down.

The biggest problem with that is adapting the 2.25" muffler and pipe to the 3" cat back. The 2.5" cut out is gonna be right behind the collector before it widens to 3" (or shrinks to 2.25". The biggest thing I like about the stock set up is no constant drone when driving, no goofy tip or turn down and the stock look. I have heard that a resonator will help the drone but I do not know. The exhaust currently is straight through to the Dynomax muffler. I think what finally irked me about the current set up is banging my shin on the turn down.

why don't u just have straight 3" pipe. wtf would u get that then chock up the flow with a small as muffler :gtfo: