Dryer HALLLLPPP

Nate1647545505

So, we moved into some really nice off base housing on the cheap. The one thing we are having some problems with is our dryer. The vent does an immediate 90 degree verticle. There's not even a radius, just two 45 degree cut tubes.

When the discharge is unhooked, clothes dry just fine, however with it connected, it takes 2x or 3x as long. It appears to be clear of any debris.

I deduce therein lies the problem, but I can't say this has ever happened to me in seven years of renting/home ownership/etc.

So, has anyone ever came across this conundrum?

Oh balls, can someone move this to the right forum?

Wrong section n00b.

So it leaves the dryer and goes 90degrees up into a wall, a hole in a window, or what? You could just keep it unhooked. In the winter time free heat for the basement. It will seriously warm up the whole basement :)

you could either get flexible hose from lowes, its like $6-8 max, or you could get one of those plus a lint trap thing that goes into the middle of the room and acts like a heater when your dryer runs, and catches the lint in it.

the hose would probably be the better option though. lol.

Wrong section n00b.

So it leaves the dryer and goes 90degrees up into a wall, a hole in a window, or what? You could just keep it unhooked. In the winter time free heat for the basement. It will seriously warm up the whole basement :)

If you do that get a dehumidifier. If not everything in the basement will feel "wet" and you'll have a damp feeling every time you run it.

Guest tbutera2112
check where it comes out at...theres usually a screen there to keep animals out and sometimes lint gets through the trap and builds up on the screen and blocks the flow...so even though it looks clean, the vent on the roof may be blocked...had this problem at our house and the vent outside was blocked up

cover with panty hose at dryer. clean on the regular.

is this for real? if so might have to try during winter...

our duct runs 9' to the ceiling then through the floor cavity for like 30 F-ing feet.... takes 3 cycles to get dry :mad:

Plus during winter we would have some nice fresh smelling heat lol

Based on the original post, Id guess the vent at the end is clogged with lint at the screen like others said... Im sure mine is as well, but cant figure out which one is mine at the apartment without a ladder (maintainance is useless)

I was going to say get a flex hose. If I was you I might try to get the hose going out the bottom of the house at ground level. Pumping to the roof is probably not the best idea. My dryer is in the basement and it only goes up to the ground level and blows right on my driveway.

Based on the original post, Id guess the vent at the end is clogged with lint at the screen like others said... Im sure mine is as well, but cant figure out which one is mine at the apartment without a ladder (maintainance is useless)

Check with neighbors to make sure they aren't running their dryer. Turn on yours if they aren't.

Tape piece of paper to broomstick. Hold other end of broomstick and place paper end near vent.

The one that makes the paper flap is your vent.