Chevy 6.2L diesel

Forrest Gump 9

Guys, the OP asked for CR diesel experts. Not internet rumor answers from a bunch of Cummins and Powerstroke fan-boys. He didn't ask about any of those engines.

True, the 6.2L not as powerful as the Cummins or Duramax. But, you can't compare any of the modern turbo diesel's to an engine that was designed in 1982.

The 6.2L is a great engine if it is used for what it was designed for. It has good towing torque and great fuel economy for a heavy duty diesel engine. It will beat any of the mentioned engines in fuel economy by far if geared properly and will last as long or longer. It served the military for a very long time, and was good in it's roll as an all-purpose diesel engine for smaller military vehicles.

You're not going to win any speed records or pulling contest's but it is a truly great engine.

Doing a Cummins swap on a Landcruiser would not be a great idea. That engine is way too heavy for that chassis and I don't know about the engine bay on the LC, but I'm guessing the Cummins won't even fit (height). The weight would be murder on the front suspension, it weights almost 800 lbs. Leave the 6.2L in there, the works already done for you.

X3

i personally have never owned a 6.2 or 6.5 but i am experienced in usin them and how they run and personnaly i think they can be good engines i know multiple people with both and the only complaint is that the 6.2 is a turd because of no turbo but since that one has one it should be a good vehicle and something different