Looking for legal advice

6 Speed S4

So I turned in my 2 week notice at my work on the 6th of Aug. It is in writing and I made a copy and took one home with me. My area manager said we don't want to lose you and offered me more money. I told him I would think about it.

Fast forward to today. My area manager calls me and asks if I would accept his offer. I told him no I'm going to work else where. He asked how much they are going to pay me. I told him thats my own personal information and he doesn't need to know. I said its more money than you offered me.

He got angry hung up and called Lee (my store manager) who then tells me Aaron (the area manager) told him to fire me right now and to leave the store. He is watching on the cameras and waiting for you to leave. I said okay, I did absolutely nothing wrong. I walked to my car pull out my cell phone and call Aaron. I said why are you firing me, I did nothing wrong and I agreed to work my last 2 weeks. He said well you turned in you're resignation and I accepted it and am letting you go. I told him that's unprofessional. He said Im being immature. He hung up.

Is all of this legal?

What legal issues are u having? U don't plan on working there anymore anyways?

U put in ur notice to quit a lot of companies will then let u go on spot because ur sort of a libility (giving away freee sstuff messing things up .. not working ect)

yes and no. since its in wrighting as long as a manager there signed it and you have a copy they have to pay you your last 2 weeks.

if you do not have that then no its not. its very common in the automotive world so you don't screw them with something or try to take business from them. ohio is a work at will state and they can let you go for anything they want at any time.

yes and no. since its in wrighting as long as a manager there signed it and you have a copy they have to pay you your last 2 weeks.

if you do not have that then no its not. its very common in the automotive world so you don't screw them with something or try to take business from them. ohio is a work at will state and they can let you go for anything they want at any time.

This.

Also the signing of a resignation letter just means that they acknowledge you will be leaving. Unless it is written up a certain way it does not contractually require them to retain or pay you.

Disclaimer - I am not a lawyer..... But I did stay at a holiday inn express last night.

btw, how did it go towing the camper?

I pulled it 837 miles straight through. I went hardcore and left at like 2am so there wouldnt be that much traffic to start the trip since I had never pulled anything much less a fucking camper.

It cost me right at $300 in gas since I only got like 8.5mpg. Truck pulled the camper like a champ. It was slugginsh out the hole but once it got up to 70 it was fine. Ran the A/C the whole way when needed.

Its very comfy and it beats spending $325 a week in motel expenses. Im going to posts pics in my own thread when I stop being lazy.

I gave a 2 weeks notice after working for the company for 6 years an don the friday i gave it they told me to turn in my truck. I figured it would happen. I talked to the owner on the way out the door and he said i hope you understand. Which i did. I could have done lots of things to the company and i understood.

So from a bussiness point of view, I understand.

Just my little story and yes its legal like others have said.

Sort of what Aj said. It is acceptable for a manager to fire you on the spot upon receiving your 2 weeks notice in the automotive world because at that point it's up to them whether or not they can trust your work for the next 2 weeks.

The last guy that left the shop (which doesn't happen often) stayed his 2 weeks because of his relationship with the shop.

Especially if your a tech, since a customer's safety is in our hands. If you mess something up it falls back on the employer....

thanks everyone. I can start my new job right away, Going to immke honda for service writing. I don't really care that they let me go, just the fact that it seemed unprofessional.

I wouldnt worry about it too much, you did the right thing and tried not to burn any bridges on your way out. I've always been taught give as many weeks notice as you get weeks vacation but 2 is the norm, but its definitly not surprising they asked you to leave before your two weeks was up.