world war z movie

Skinner

I loved the book, and pretty much anything zombie related...but another zombie movie worries me. Look what happened to vampires: Dracula was a TERROR, his mere presence on the screen would make strong women scream and brave men cower back...so EVERY movie had to have a vampire or deal with vampires for most of the 90s...now they SPARKLE and tweens get in E-battles over which is cutest. They got over-used and became stereotyped, and lost that edge of TERROR they used to have. Same thing happened with mummies (Thank you so FUCKING much Brendan Fraser...) and werewolves.

The trend is towards escalating the undead body count...the heroes end up walking to safety, and the only real difficulty is not tripping over the pile of corpses...how is that terrifying? One zombie in a city used to mean you were pretty much fucked...now its a minor inconvenience, and the real difficulty is convincing the authorities that zombies exist.

I loved the book, and pretty much anything zombie related...but another zombie movie worries me. Look what happened to vampires: Dracula was a TERROR, his mere presence on the screen would make strong women scream and brave men cower back...so EVERY movie had to have a vampire or deal with vampires for most of the 90s...now they SPARKLE and tweens get in E-battles over which is cutest. They got over-used and became stereotyped, and lost that edge of TERROR they used to have. Same thing happened with mummies (Thank you so FUCKING much Brendan Fraser...) and werewolves.

The trend is towards escalating the undead body count...the heroes end up walking to safety, and the only real difficulty is not tripping over the pile of corpses...how is that terrifying? One zombie in a city used to mean you were pretty much fucked...now its a minor inconvenience, and the real difficulty is convincing the authorities that zombies exist.

you should check out Fido.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fido_(film)

Zombies are walking puss-filled diseases who puke and eat people, not something "tweens" would ever oogle at. The scary thing about zombies is they're still human, just undead, and killing one is sort of like having to kill a person - something most of the characters have never done before (unlike killing a wild animal like werewolves). imo zombie flicks are scarier because they always hit close to home, like, in current suburban neighborhoods and cities - not some medieval knights and horses time period like dracula.. they seem more "able to happen," instead of some douchebag morphing into a big wolf or a little bat or whatever. Dumb.

Zombies are walking puss-filled diseases who puke and eat people, not something "tweens" would ever oogle at. The scary thing about zombies is they're still human, just undead, and killing one is sort of like having to kill a person - something most of the characters have never done before (unlike killing a wild animal like werewolves). imo zombie flicks are scarier because they always hit close to home, like, in current suburban neighborhoods and cities - not some medieval knights and horses time period like dracula.. they seem more "able to happen," instead of some douchebag morphing into a big wolf or a little bat or whatever. Dumb.

I like zombies because it would give me a reason to shoot someone short of deploying to Afghanland