oil drip....

ghost1647545489

Okay so I bought my car a little over a week ago, I was assured it was serviced before I took delivery so I had no reason to check fluid levels. So a day or two after i notice a drop of oil in my garage, so I call the dealer and they say let us take a look at it. I bring it in and they are not sure where its coming from. I take it up to MAG to get an additional key made, while doing this I talk with an actual Porsche Tech and tell him the issue. He said when you get home check the oil level I bet you they over filled it. So I go home after I let the car sit for a few hours I check the oil level.....its way high.

I just don't get customer service anymore, if you dont know how to service a vehicle maybe...just maybe you call someone who can give you the proper instructions! Its kinda tough b/c the manager is a friend of mine and its not his fault the service was completed by a half ass worker. I hope no further damage has been done by this half ass work. Just very disappointed to find this happening. Kinda salty....

kinda go both ways on this one. It sounds like you didnt buy your ultra maintenance sensitive Porsche from MAG? At what point do you as a consumer take it upon yourself to have the vehicle checked out right after you buy it at a certified Porsche shop? Or maybe even before you buy it?

I'm sure your buddy meant no harm and as far as he knew, the car was serviced. However, the store you bought it from has no real expertise in servicing high end cars, right? Hell, I think it costs about 300 bucks just to change the oil on a Boxster.

I get your frustration, but it's your baby now.

well actually they are apart of the Byers Group which does have a Porsche area, so I ASSUMED it was serviced through them. I was wrong. I agree I should have just taken it up to have it serviced at MAG, where my father in-law work :)

You bought it from Byers on Sawmill right?

:lol: ^

It's not funny, they are shady as hell.

It's PRIVILEGE to have your car serviced there, I was told. My letter to SOA explaining my refusal to ever buy another Subaru because of these two may do nothing. However it makes me feel better. Maybe someone else will write SOA and complain about these two and eventually they will be removed from their Jobs. As of now, they are untouchable.

Guest tbutera2112

i know a guy who used to work for a certain major dealership in the area (not gonna mention named or places) and some of the shit i heard :eek: ...they specialize is hiding and covering up problems to atleast get the cars off the lot

i avoid dealerships like the plague, especially ones that have used cars

I don't know of any other issues with this place, Mark has been a stand up guy and he is also always be great with any issue I have had with any of my cars. I don't know what problems you have encountered but i am interested in hear them.

I will never bash Mark he is a friend of mine and has always treated me right.

I'm sure you will get his spin since you are a friend. I'm not wasting my time. I'm not going to convince you otherwise if you are friends. I have read many accounts of Subaru people getting the shaft there especially with Paul. The only other Subaru dealer is Hatfield and that is pretty far from my home. I'm kinda stuck. So no more Subarus for my family.

I'm not asking you to bash Mark, but you really already kinda have in the 1st post. You already said all I needed to read. If he is a "friend" why not have him hook you up? I mean you seem pretty sure it's that dealer's fault. mark is that dealer's general manager. Just sayin'.

I've had the strangest experiences at that dealership.

The first time I test drove a WRX. The guy tried to get me to do donuts in the parking lot of a church. He was talking about his side job doing puppet shows at shools aka trying to molest little kids. Weird dude.

Recently I was trying to find an imprezza wagon manual to test drive. The guy was talking and slobbering like he just had a stroke. I got a photocoppied editorial a week later about reducing my stress level from him. It had a hand written note on the back saying he had oral surgery earlier in the day appologizing for being out of sorts. Guy was fucking high trying to sell me cars. I told them to call me when they got a manual car in. I never got a call.

That guy who has the newer STis is an immense doche too.

I'm sure you will get his spin since you are a friend. I'm not wasting my time. I'm not going to convince you otherwise if you are friends. I have read many accounts of Subaru people getting the shaft there especially with Paul. The only other Subaru dealer is Hatfield and that is pretty far from my home. I'm kinda stuck. So no more Subarus for my family.

I'm not asking you to bash Mark, but you really already kinda have in the 1st post. You already said all I needed to read. If he is a "friend" why not have him hook you up? I mean you seem pretty sure it's that dealer's fault. mark is that dealer's general manager. Just sayin'.

ben what about going to the one on hamilton rd instead of the one on sawmil?

I will completely agree with you however, fuck paul he is a big douche bag.

ben what about going to the one on hamilton rd instead of the one on sawmil?

I will completely agree with you however, fuck paul he is a big douche bag.

At this point I refuse to spend money with Byers since they employ these two douchebags.

+1 to Byers Sawmill sucking donkey dick....

A few years back I bought a new Mazda3s...from Ricart...because Byers Sawmill couldn't beat their price. I lived on Sawmill at the time and a few months later the car had a recall for the radio clock losing memory and I took it there to get it taken care of...

Met Paul as soon as I pulled in the bay, after introductions/me explaining to him why I was there, he asked where I bought the car and I said Ricart....he immediately became arrogant and a prick and refused to fix the issue and maintained that I HAD to go back to Ricart since I bought it there. This wasn't my first new car and I know how shit works, but he was so rude and everything I just told him to fuck off and left, never been back for service or to purchase a car.

Buyers Sawmill is worse than a nightmare. I don't even need to go into any horror stories my wife and myself had attributed to this place. Funny, I thought it was only me they seemed to be completely douches towards. I'll never step foot at that damn place again. It's a shame they got my business in the first place.

At this point I refuse to spend money with Byers since they employ these two douchebags.

I feel ya but if you need work done the guys over off hamilton at byers imports are usually very nice and willing to help out by all means.

I feel ya but if you need work done the guys over off hamilton at byers imports are usually very nice and willing to help out by all means.

To be fair i was going to take it there for my last trip, however when I was quoted a time for my car to be seen there it was longer than Sawmill. I hadn't been to Sawmill in years, and shame on me for thinking maybe it got better. I have been told the Hamilton Rd store has only 1 or 2 Full time Subaru techs and maybe another part timer. Don't know if it's the truth, but they did quote me almost a week longer than the crazy 2 week long period I had to wait just to have someone LOOK at the car at Sawmill.

I'm not aware of any horror stories? I don't want to hear "a guy I know...". But I wouldn't mind hearing actual bad issues you have experienced. I have purchased 4 cars there and haven't had an issue, until now and even now they are attempting fix my situation. But spaceghost has been attacking my post since I have got the new car lol. But this all could make me think twice in the future. Thx

Every single dealership I've ever been to has been shady in one way or another. The only reason I can think of is that people EXPECT dealerships to be a bunch of crooks, so they act accordingly. This, in turn, pisses off peopel who are trying to be honest, but are being treated like crooks. So then they start acting the part since they'll be treated like that anyways. And the cycle starts over again in a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy...

I haven't had much interaction with the guys at the dealership; the only real repair was my fault and wouldn't have been covered under warranty. So I can't comment on Byers' Subaru. But when it comes down to it, if I set foot inside a dealership's doors, I expect to get screwed, so I make sure it's as little as possible.

BTW, what is it with the guys who run the parts departments at dealerships? They always seem to have one guy who knows what he's doing, and 5 monkeys who can't figure out how to pull their thumbs out of their asses. And the guy who does know his shit spends more time at lunch than actually working...

Guest tbutera2112

^ dude...i tried finding fucking touch up paint for my truck at the parts counter of krieger ford....it was like watching a retarded toddler trying to dry hump a chimpanzee... fucking ridiculous

"umm....they didnt use that paint code that year...your truck didnt come in that color"

"dude...its sitting out in the parking lot, would you like to go take a look and tell me my truck isnt the color that it is?"

"are you sure its an 01?"

"yes, i also have my registration...and yes, im sure its a ford"

"well....we dont have it sorry"

fuckin idiot - the pep boys across the street had the color