grill cleaners

evan9381

what do you guys use to clean grill grates? im looking for something better than just easy-off, as ive never had much luck with it...the grates on my grill thats ~2 months old are already looking pretty crappy. i hit it with the wire brush after every use.

really want to find something to take off the bulk of the shit burnt onto it at the end of this summer, so even if they have to soak for a while, no problem.

what do you guys use to clean grill grates? im looking for something better than just easy-off, as ive never had much luck with it...the grates on my grill thats ~2 months old are already looking pretty crappy. i hit it with the wire brush after every use.

really want to find something to take off the bulk of the shit burnt onto it at the end of this summer, so even if they have to soak for a while, no problem.

I've used lemon juice before as long as the grill grate is super hot first. The citric acid eats away at it.

You should season your grill grates, no need to try hard to clean them.

This ad says to use oil. Don't. Use lard or bacon grease, otherwise it's the same. The surface left will be naturally non-stick. It will also add those cool lines on all of your food.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2061299_season-gas-grill.html

Hmm...reading that article, thats kinda how mines been, except i didnt do it 3-4x at first, but i do spray it with oil before each use

I dont have an issue with food sticking, its just the burnt parts in between that i cant get to with the brush

Ill try the lemon juice though..

Hmm...reading that article, thats kinda how mines been, except i didnt do it 3-4x at first, but i do spray it with oil before each use

I dont have an issue with food sticking, its just the burnt parts in between that i cant get to with the brush

Ill try the lemon juice though..

Provided you get the grill hot before you put food on it, that black stuff is not a concern, unless you just don't like the way it looks.

well, the way my grates are, it is...my grill has the "infra red heating" thing, so i have the grates as one piece, and then theres like a tray they sit on with tiny pin-size holes on them. that burnt shit gets in between the grates and ontop of the tray piece, and the heat doesnt come up through it. wierd to hear if you're not looking at it, but once you see it it'd make perfect sense