Thinking of going 2jz GTE turbo

Comebackkid

I've been looking around on ebay for 2jz swaps and the price don't look that bad.. I'm just tired of the honda world and need to try something else so I don't get out of the hole racing scene lol..

Questions

Auto vs 6 speed trans for racing?

What engine managment to tune with

How much hp can I get out of stock longblock? Of coruse upgrade fuel:cool:

Stuff like that

discuss lol

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Engine Management info:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445574

As for power this guy is pushing 1043whp on a completely stock unopened motor (stock cams too). He references another person pushing over 900whp for 8125 miles on a completely stock long block.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/136499-stock-long-block-2jz-gte-1043-whp-808-tq-gt47-80-e85.html

build a v8 and ditch imports all together. turbo v8 > any import. trust me you will enjoy not always breaking down

Not really wanting to do a v8 right now but I have thought about it plenty of times. I like the ideal of small displacement big hp. The breaking down part is not being built enough lol. with my civic I didn't have any problems out of it lol:cool:

build a v8 and ditch imports all together. turbo v8 > any import. trust me you will enjoy not always breaking down

I missed this last time.

I know a few Evos that are REAL street cars that drive to the track, click off 9s, and drive home.

Had my car for 3 years, went from 400hp to double that and still never gave me a problem. All on stock unopened motor and trans. Name me another stock motor that can make 800hp reliably.

A supra has a stout motor. trans i dont think so rear either. you were proably leavin low boost and featherin the clutch to keep it alive. try leaving at full boost and dump the clutch. thats a big diff. im not saying he shouldent do it imk saying for the money. v8 turbo

A supra has a stout motor. trans i dont think so rear either. you were proably leavin low boost and featherin the clutch to keep it alive. try leaving at full boost and dump the clutch. thats a big diff. im not saying he shouldent do it imk saying for the money. v8 turbo

The 8 second Boost Logic car has a stock rear end. There are stock 6spd trans making 1krwhp with no problems.

God damn you're a stupid motherfucker.

roy u cant do a 2jz for cheap liek u can ur honda... better bring out the wallet...

The setup in the civic isn't cheap either.. Look up the price to build a darton sleeve 84mm block 2.0l will cost lol. Right now with buying stuff to bolt everything up with a plug in play harness I'm looking at close to 5k. Will be cheap If I have my wiring god buddy do it for me.lol Or my cnc buddie make the swap into a 240sx for me, that will knock the price down to 3k. I'm doing alot of reading and will most likely go with the r154 trans and make sure i get a lsd rearend for traction.. So at most 8k for everything which is crazy but fck it gotta spend my tax return on something:cool::cool::cool: