Need Audi Help, PLEASE!!

cinergi

Getting back to the security system (and this may be a shot in the dark, because I'm comparing a Pontiac to an Audi). But I had an issue with my car a few years ago that sounds very similar to yours. It ended up being the anti theft system in the car killing the power/ fuel. I replaced the wiring harness, fuel pump and starter before eventually having the VATS turned off in the PCM. Maybe the aftermarket security system is messing with your ECU. Do you have a valet key you could try and use. Again, maybe a long shot but I know what a PITA this kind of stuff is. Good luck!

Thanks, I immediately thought the same thing. However, I am not positive the S4 has a factory immobilizer. I did disconnect the aftermarket alarm to eliminate that issue. I thought for sure this was the issue, too. Unless the car invoked a immobilization code to the ECM I don't think this is the issue.

The ECM is getting power to it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Got myself an M box. Need to recode it to H and then we'll see what happens.

The right way to do it from there is take it to a GIAC dealer and let them put the updated tune on it. Apparently there have been four updates since mine was incepted.

According to a guy who has a time slip and an identically modded car (except he has drag slicks) went from an 11.4 time slip to 10.7 just off a re-tune and new clutch, and of course the tires.

I might just toss the chip on the board and not re-tune it. I am beyond done dealing with it and have some great trades lined up.

No sir.

Commencing part out/selling whole car very soon.

The fool that sent me the ECU confirmed with me it was for an S4 multiple times before I bought it and it was not. I am waiting to see what he is going to do about it. Depending on his answer, the car will be sold/traded/parted as-is.

It is indeed an ECU.

Here's a video:

Here's another:

• 3 weeks later...
No sir.

Commencing part out/selling whole car very soon.

The fool that sent me the ECU confirmed with me it was for an S4 multiple times before I bought it and it was not. I am waiting to see what he is going to do about it. Depending on his answer, the car will be sold/traded/parted as-is.

It is indeed an ECU.

Here's a video:

Here's another:

You want to sell me some stage 3 parts? :)

In short, it is an Audi a car of a million electrical gremlins. Mix that with the fact that previous owners did some stupid stuff, like the pictured above and this is what you get. I believe the board tested bad and the chip was ok. They're already relatively hard cars to maintain and some people want to take short cuts. The proper method would have been simple, solder the chip to the board and put the board back in the case, but I guess that was too hard for some asshat to accomplish so he decided zip ties and masking take would work ok... and it did for a little while.

Let this be a lesson that if you cannot afford to do maintenance on a car, or modify it correctly just don't fucking do it. Please don't do it and save someone else the headache down the road.