Negotiating Hospital Bills

OSUGT

I know of an Amish girl that was in a Coshocton (SP) area Hospital with sepsis. (Blood infection) she was Life Flighted to Columbus, treated and lived. Her bills had to be more than mine, She never paid a dime.

that's odd. are you sure?? the amish are traditionally VERY good when it comes to paying health bills. they have a completely unique way of paying for healthcare. they traditionally have a large community collection of money for healthcare for everyone that goes above and beyond normal things. if someone is extremely sick--they have a community meeting about whether or not to continue health care for that individual. if they decide not to continue, then they may withdraw care for that patient (pull the plug). pretty sad sometimes

that's odd. are you sure?? the amish are traditionally VERY good when it comes to paying health bills. they have a completely unique way of paying for healthcare. they traditionally have a large community collection of money for healthcare for everyone that goes above and beyond normal things. if someone is extremely sick--they have a community meeting about whether or not to continue health care for that individual. if they decide not to continue, then they may withdraw care for that patient (pull the plug). pretty sad sometimes

commies

Im curious. What are people with no insurance supposed to do when ill?

The problem isnt people with no insurance not paying. The problem is healthcare costs way to fucking much and some people simply cant afford to pay.

My g/f recently had and ultrasound and an MRI done because of a mass found in her liver.

The ultrasound took less than 30 minutes for 1 nurse to do the procedure yet it cost $748. The MRI took a bit longer but cost almost $3800. This is what I like to call rape. If we didnt have insurance the same shit would need to be done and how in the fuck is someone supposed to pay that kinda shit off.

You can be the best person in the world. Pay all your bills on time and have a house and whatever else you want but if one thing goes wrong health wise and you're not insured its game over. You could loose everything. Ahh, the American dream...

Im curious. What are people with no insurance supposed to do when ill?

The problem isnt people with no insurance not paying. The problem is healthcare costs way to fucking much and some people simply cant afford to pay.

My g/f recently had and ultrasound and an MRI done because of a mass found in her liver.

The ultrasound took less than 30 minutes for 1 nurse to do the procedure yet it cost $748. The MRI took a bit longer but cost almost $3800. This is what I like to call rape. If we didnt have insurance the same shit would need to be done and how in the fuck is someone supposed to pay that kinda shit off.

You can be the best person in the world. Pay all your bills on time and have a house and whatever else you want but if one thing goes wrong health wise and you're not insured its game over. You could loose everything. Ahh, the American dream...

I paid them. Seriously though, i had an MRI when i was uninsured and it was around the same price. It took a while because obviously i didnt have 3k in my pocket to hand over but making payments i paid it off.

And as for losing everything if you get hospitalized without insurance you can still have insurance and lose everything. I dont remember the statistic exactly but it went something like half of all people who claim bankruptcy do so because of health care bills. And 40% of those people had health insurance. It was crazy.