Random Help Needed - Stop Bank of America harassment calls

Bahnstoermer1647545488

BOA - for no reason, I've never done shit with them - keeps calling my cell number. Despite it being on the DNC registry, despite me filing complaints in the system against them, and despite me telling their automated system not to call me back, the fuckers keep doing it asking for some random name.

I need the forum's help - because they're f'in bastard scammers, the call back number goes to an automated message.

The call number is 614 569-5029.

It could be a call center with a scammed in fake number overlay, or it could be local. The only BOAs that google finds seem to be home loan / mortgage locations around CBUS, and none of them answer the phone either.

I did call one and leave a VM letting them know that every time their company (different division or not, I dont' give a shit) called me illegally I was going to call them and tell them about it unless they could help me find the party responsible.

Anyone know where these calls are coming from? Anyone know any one who works there? I'm ready to give them a piece of my mind....

consumerist.com

Read up and get wise.

Search there or on Google for BOA EECB (executive email carpet bomb). The idea of sending out a 'carpet bomb' of emails to all of the executives. You aren't actually emailing/calling the executives usually, but their 'secretaries' who can do just about anything. The EECB list, if it exist online for said company, will have numbers or emails to those very powerful executives assistants. They can do everything that customer (dis)service should logically be able to do, but almost never have the authority to do.

Usually it just takes 1 phone call to 1 of them to get what you need done. Should only be used if normal avenues don't work.

GOOD LUCK with BOA though. Bunch of thieves!

It's not from my BOA office. I'm actually doubting it's from a local office at all, likely some sort of calling campaign or something.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I work for a subsidiary and not for the actual "bank".

Guest tbutera2112

easy man - call your cell service provider and block the number

on verizon, you can even do this online...block up to 5 numbers for free, and the block lasts for 3 months at a time and you have to renew, but still free

and you can get an app for like $5 a month to block as many people as you want permanently

Thanks for all the ideas guys. I had a wild call with some of them yesterday. I'm sure this thread has lots of resources I didn't know about, including that I can do a 3 month block on Verizon for free.

Comically, one of the chicks at BoA that I ended up talking to told me I should change my phone number to stop their calls. I laughed loudly. I asked her if she was really suggesting I change MY phone number because HER company was making illegal harassing phone calls to MY cell phone. I couldn't believe it. I ended up at a 3rd level of manager who supposedly took me off their marketing list.

I'll review options above for further fairness. They wasted a bunch of my time, they deserve the favor returned.

It was indeed a 3rd party junk call center called Influence out of Nebraska, hired by BOA and shoving a 614 area code in front of the number falsely. I had to pretend I was the person they were asking for to get the info. This lady actually wan't a c bag though, and apologized profusely when I told her the story.

Regardless, the BOA practice is illegal and deserves punishment. For now I've added the number to the Verizon block list, and have multiple names and phone numbers to forward the laws they're breaking to should the matter be a problem in another three months.

Great tip on the Verizon blocking!

I keep getting the same harassment calls looking for some one with the same name as me but a different middle name keep getting 3-5 calls a day for the last 4 or so months. everysingle person that called i reported them to the FCC. Im at the point now where im going to have ATT change my phone number (house phone) and make it unlisted to stop this madness.

I keep getting the same harassment calls looking for some one with the same name as me but a different middle name keep getting 3-5 calls a day for the last 4 or so months. everysingle person that called i reported them to the FCC. Im at the point now where im going to have ATT change my phone number (house phone) and make it unlisted to stop this madness.

holy crap, that's insane. i have heard of people suing this companies for shit like this, and winning. harassment!

i got those calls before, but with my iphone i can block any number i want with an app :) it just hangs up on them and never rings on my end or even says i have a missed call. They can call all day as soon as they dial it the phone drops the line lol

Same thing happened to me. Apparently there is a Ryan in northern Ohio with my same last name, just a different middle initial that never paid his Safe Auto payment. I knew it was BS right away b/c ive always been with Nationwide. Luckily it only happened once or twice.