dryer help

Skinner

OK Our newer HE Dryer died on me either last night or this morning and I am puzzled. It turns on but no heat. I found the service manual for it online and when I put the dryer in diagnostic mode there are no fault or error showing but I does show a diag code on 10 no wet clothes. the action for that is to run the dryer with no wet clothes. Lint trap is clan exhaust line is clear all the way out of the house. The think that has come to mind is since it is a 240 amp electric dryer that one of the poles is bad. I checked the breaker box and its OK but how do I check it on the dryer side. Also when it comes to electric I am a pussy. I don't like to fuck with it at all. Anyone have and Ideas of how to test it or even better stop by and show me ( you do it and I hand you a beer or 2)?

heater element

This is what it sounds like to me too. Its getting power because its turning on but no heat. There could be some sensor that isn't working and therefore doesn't turn on the heater but I doubt this. I think Jake hit the nail on the head.

lol honestly the design is still the same

yes/no. When the wife and I married, I got a hand me down set from an Aunt. unit was 23 years old before if crapped out. at that point, it wasn't even worth considering a fix. The set we have now is 11 years old and all I've done to the dryer is replace the guide wheel for the drum (stupid easy fix) and the washer...the clutch tips in the agitator finally wore out....again, pretty simple fix I just completed.