Maurice Clarett wanting to tryout for UFL

SLOWLX

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll make it, hell Ricky Williams took years off to go smoke pot in a foreign country, came back only to tear shit up. If MoC is in good shape then honestly the only thing that can hold him back is himself. Look back at 2002 and tell me he wasn't the best RB in the nation college wise

Athletes should be role models, I know that rarely happens anymore but he does not deserve a second chance. Clarett was running around with multiple guns, a kevlar vest and robbing people. He needs to be like every other convicted felon and have a hard time landing a job at kroger

Harsh. ^^

No one knows why he was running around with guns n a vest. It's hard coming from nothing and having an incredible talent that you can't get paid for yet cause of the retarded rules of the NCAA. I'm not saying that means it's okay to rob people, it just means you can't judge what he did. There are plenty of reasons as to why a person like him would want to carry a weapon, they just need to do it legally.

The NCAA's rules? You need to research why he couldn't goto the NFL, that is a rule set in place by the NFL not the NCAA. Just like the NBA came up with the rule of no more highschool ballers, you now have to goto college for 1 year. Its a rule for a good reason, no 18-19 year old kid could go into the NFL and take the beatdown

He'll make it, hell Ricky Williams took years off to go smoke pot in a foreign country, came back only to tear shit up. If MoC is in good shape then honestly the only thing that can hold him back is himself. Look back at 2002 and tell me he wasn't the best RB in the nation college wise

That was 8 years ago. He is damn near 30, Most NFL backs are done buy the time they are 30. Look at his teammates though I guess, Jeff Garcia and Amahn Green. Both past their prime. Is this UFL league just old NFL Tallent?

Harsh. ^^

No one knows why he was running around with guns n a vest. It's hard coming from nothing and having an incredible talent that you can't get paid for yet cause of the retarded rules of the NCAA. I'm not saying that means it's okay to rob people, it just means you can't judge what he did. There are plenty of reasons as to why a person like him would want to carry a weapon, they just need to do it legally.

There is never justification for robbing people of their possessions. I have not a single problem with anyone carrying a weapon legally however he did not and then when police caught up to him he wanted to run and fight. I encounter numerous people who genuinely would love a second chance in life for some stupid crime committed in their youth but not one person gives them a second glance, maurice clarett should be no different and should not get special treatment because of athletic abilities.

Harsh. ^^

any felon has problems getting a job. why should it be any different for this douchebag? just because he can run fast? no, he should be working at the McDonald's earning his way back into society like any other felon.

The NCAA's rules? You need to research why he couldn't goto the NFL, that is a rule set in place by the NFL not the NCAA. Just like the NBA came up with the rule of no more highschool ballers, you now have to goto college for 1 year. Its a rule for a good reason, no 18-19 year old kid could go into the NFL and take the beatdown

I'm talking about money he should be able to make in college and play ball at the same time. Not the NFL right out of highschool. The NCAA rules are ridiculous and need revised/removed.

That was 8 years ago. He is damn near 30, Most NFL backs are done buy the time they are 30. Look at his teammates though I guess, Jeff Garcia and Amahn Green. Both past their prime. Is this UFL league just old NFL Tallent?

Oh I agree with that, I am just saying the guy had talent and most times the reason those backs are done by 30 is due to all the punishment their bodies have taken. MoC hasn't taken that abuse in these last 8 years...I still compare this to Ricky Williams. He took 3 years off to smoke pot, played in a scrub league for 1, came back to NFL and tore shit up at age 30.

I'm talking about money he should be able to make in college and play ball at the same time. Not the NFL right out of highschool. The NCAA rules are ridiculous and need revised/removed.

Wait so a free education from a school that cost about 30k a year isn't payment enough? You think these kids pay for shit while there? They get free housing, free food, what else does a college kid really worry about while going to school financially?

Wait so a free education from a school that cost about 30k a year isn't payment enough? You think these kids pay for shit while there? They get free housing, free food, what else does a college kid really worry about while going to school financially?

Pussy and beer. Both have a price tag.

There is never justification for robbing people of their possessions. I have not a single problem with anyone carrying a weapon legally however he did not and then when police caught up to him he wanted to run and fight. I encounter numerous people who genuinely would love a second chance in life for some stupid crime committed in their youth but not one person gives them a second glance, maurice clarett should be no different and should not get special treatment because of athletic abilities.

I said that. I'm not justifying him doin what he did, but you have no idea the situation he was in or why he did what he did. Niether do I. I think everyone in here against him being able to use his talents again to make money is just jealous.

He has every right within the law to do what he was made to do. Run. What do you think no one in the NFL has a criminal record? Lol

I said that. I'm not justifying him doin what he did, but you have no idea the situation he was in or why he did what he did. Niether do I. I think everyone in here against him being able to use his talents again to make money is just jealous.

He has every right within the law to do what he was made to do. Run. What do you think no one in the NFL has a criminal record? Lol

NOBODY! :ninja: :lol:

*cough* Ray Caruth *cough*

I spend A lot of time with athletes, college and pro. They aren't going to school for an education. They are going to play football. So that 30k a year means nothing to the school or athlete. Terrell doesn't get free anything. He isn't allowed.

They get free housing, free meal plans, free clothes (OSU attire only), free books, free supplies..so yeah they are getting free shit. I too know guys that have played and currently are playing for tOSU on full rides. While they might not get free cars and shit they still get free stuff

any felon has problems getting a job. why should it be any different for this douchebag? just because he can run fast? no, he should be working at the McDonald's earning his way back into society like any other felon.

Not all felons deserve that harshness. Some people are just defending themselves and catch a unlucky break....

i am not necessarily saying they all should. i am saying, i am sure they all do so why should Clarett be any different. and i sure don't see clarett getting a bad break here on his felony, he was doing some pretty crazy shit. it isn't like he was at the wrong place at the wrong time or something. he was about to start a gang war or something. and he took police on a pretty crazy chase.

now if it was someone in your instance where someone got a unlucky break and spent some jail time, i don't think they deserve that harshness AT ALL. but chances are they are going to get it, clarrett broke several laws so, HE deserves it without a doubt. imo

They get free housing, free meal plans, free clothes (OSU attire only), free books, free supplies..so yeah they are getting free shit. I too know guys that have played and currently are playing for tOSU on full rides. While they might not get free cars and shit they still get free stuff

Do you know how much free clothes they get? A sweatsuit and a shirt. That's about it. That 30k number you threw out earlier pays for all that shit. That's what a scholarship athlete gets. All I'm saying is the school/NCAA make hundreds of millions off these athletes and it's amazing how greedy they are with those rules to "protect" the athletes.