Glow Shift Gauges

99FLHRCI

Anyone ever use these? I am trying to find a set of gauges that "blackout" when turned off. Their Tinted 7 Series fit the bill. Just wondering if anyone had anything good or bad to say about these. I agree the 7 color option is ricer but, unless anyone knows other gauges that "blackout" I am not finding many options.

Guest tbutera2112

pieces of shit!!!!

mine is so inaccurate, i just removed it from the truck and im going to wing it

my exhaust temp never falls below 400 degrees, even on a cold morning, turn the key (to start, i dont even actually start the truck - its a diesel with "wait to start" light) and the gauge powers up at 400 degrees....and i know its probed right, and it has no problem raising up, just never goes below 400

coolant temp is way off, says im running at like 130-140 degrees after beating on the truck

boost gauge is the only thing that didnt completely suck

and holy shit are they bright and annoying at night time...i literally pulled over on teh side of 40 the other night and unplugged mine because i had a headache and theyre too damn bright

emailed their customer service about my gauge being shitty, and they never even took the time to respond

I have had a pretty decent amount of success with my Prosports. I do like that they go black when off, but they are sort of difficult to read during sunny days, though I do have some 'hoods' on them, which came with my kit (I think from a MINI vendor, not Prosport)

I think theyre pretty inexpensive too. Also have the setting where you can set a limit, and see your maximum.

here they are, either side of tach (you cannot really see what they say that much...its the flash)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/iwashmycar/TueFeb02170523EST2010.jpg

I was looking at Defi but they discontinued a lot of their gauges. So then I was looking at ProSport and I heard that they do not pressure test their fittings etc and it cost a guy I know his motor when the oil pressure fitting ruptured. So then I started looking at Glow Shift. I wish Auto Meter would just make a set that black out. I like the look of Stri but they are EXPENSIVE. $100 more then an Auto Meter on average from what I saw.