Fuel pump:2000 malibu v6

Jizzle Juice

How hard is it....Should i drop the tank or is there another way to do so. Any help would be appreciated. Ive read a couple of things nbut i keep getting mixxed reviews about dropping tank or not dropping it. And when they say not dropping it, there isnt a clear description on how to do so.

TIA

Most likely a tank drop. Easy way to check is if you don't there will be a access panel above where the tank is. So, most likely under the back seat, or in the trunk.

IIRC it will be a tank drop, most GM cars are that way.

Ohh, I was able to hit ondemand here lol. Gives 1.8 to do fuel pump, gives 1.6 to drop the tank, so I would say it's a tank drop. Description of remove and install says to drop the tank.

I assume it's a 3.1, I think that's all the Malibu's came with in '00 at least that is what ondemand is showing.

Dude I have done one before . I am right down the road from you. Not sure if you remember we went to the titty bar a while ago. You definately have to drop the tank it says to remove exhaust too but I didnt have to do that. Make sure you use a GM/Delco pump or you will be doing again. How do you know its the pump? If you need help hit me up

it shouldn't be 1.6 to drop the tank and 1.8 for the pump. its 1.8 for the whole job. they are cake if the tank is on E. sucks for you if its full.

Right it gives 1.8 for the pump job, then I looked up dropping the tank and it gave 1.6 which leaves you the .2 to change the pump. Thus giving you the conclusion you need to drop the tank.

VS. the cars that give .3 to change the pump and 5 to drop the tank lol. At least it's not a Volvo V70XC that pays like 7.2 to change the pump.