Should I or Shouldn't I...

dover

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks nice, but if all the work is done where's the fun in that?

Being a smarter consumer and saving money.

I say No though. Turbo / big HP cars are cool but are fragile which is what I thought you were trying to get away from. If you're just looking for a change and this floats your boat then go for it.

I say No though. Turbo / big HP cars are cool but are fragile which is what I thought you were trying to get away from. If you're just looking for a change and this floats your boat then go for it.

If they are done right they won't give you any problems. I can think of a handful of high 9 low 10 second street evos that went over 20k of abuse without a single problem. In fact a couple of the guys used to be members here.

this.

If they are done right they won't give you any problems. I can think of a handful of high 9 low 10 second street evos that went over 20k of abuse without a single problem. In fact a couple of the guys used to be members here.

very rarely is this true. parts are simply not meant for long term abuse--period. with so many variables that go into these cars, its just a matter of time before something goes wrong, and then you're back to square one.

my advice---buy a near stock car with a warranty and enjoy it without the 'walking on eggshell' feeling that you're going to blow it up

lightly used c6z--trust me

It really depends on if your cruising and having street fun. If thats the case then yeah. If not then i wouldnt do so. But to me it looks solid and is sexy ass fuck. So your my boy and i would def do it pending on how you drive it....And who cares if people already have one, its a nice as car ya dig

I don't think some of you realize that I already I own a DAILY DRIVER. Regardless that it may be heavily modified but an Evo done right WILL stay together and it is a VERY good deal on my part. That car still has 10x the streetability that my car does. If some of you don't know my car has slicks and skinnies and a spool in the rearend, it is no fun on the highway!

I knew posting here would have his advantages and disadvantages. I thank the people that gave me a god honest good advice on what to do. Those of you who posted worthless shit, you can eat shit.

I am just so exhausted with my Cobra and what I have gone through with it that I can't justify keeping it. It's not the fact that it's a racecar and heavily modified it's the fact that I got FUCKED at a shop a few years and ended up dumping $20k on a fucking turbo kit. You all think you love your car try owning it for 5 years spending $30k in parts and driving it 3,000 miles and we will see where you are at.

Then again haters are going to hate.

I don't think some of you realize that I already I own a DAILY DRIVER. Regardless that it may be heavily modified but an Evo done right WILL stay together and it is a VERY good deal on my part. That car still has 10x the streetability that my car does. If some of you don't know my car has slicks and skinnies and a spool in the rearend, it is no fun on the highway!

I knew posting here would have his advantages and disadvantages. I thank the people that gave me a god honest good advice on what to do. Those of you who posted worthless shit, you can eat shit.

I am just so exhausted with my Cobra and what I have gone through with it that I can't justify keeping it. It's not the fact that it's a racecar and heavily modified it's the fact that I got FUCKED at a shop a few years and ended up dumping $20k on a fucking turbo kit. You all think you love your car try owning it for 5 years spending $30k in parts and driving it 3,000 miles and we will see where you are at.

you car does blow on the highway, it is sick but its to the point either your racing it or parked. other than that its useless. the sad part is it only has like 18k miles on it. evos look like fun, and you like different shit so do it

you car does blow on the highway, it is sick but its to the point either your racing it or parked. other than that its useless. the sad part is it only has like 18k miles on it. evos look like fun, and you like different shit so do it

My point exactly this Cobra is the longest I have EVER owned something. I need variety in my life.

If it were me I would want to build something the way I want it built and to my liking. Every once and awhile you stumble across something that is just done "right". If this fits your criteria, it is of course easier to pick up a car that is already sorted out and built and it looks like you are lucky enough to have found someone possibly in your same shoes, but wanting change.

I'd say go for it if it fits your standards of what YOU want, not what other people think.

don't take this the wrong way, but why is this guy interested in your cobra, if he has a completely solid, 9-10 second car, that is built so well that it would withstand years of abuse without a single problem??

i'm not one to judge people too harshly, but you've dropped WAY too much money modding your cobra, drove a bolt-on cts-v for a while, wrecked a lightly modded vette, and are now looking at trading a HIGHLY modded race car (that you know the history of, and all the components in, and are fairly sure things have been done correctly this time) for another HIGHLY modded race car that you don't know anything about (other than what the other owner tells you, and has receipts for). if you're looking for a break from the "neverending money pit of modifying cars" then you're looking in the wrong place.

buy an '07 c6z. bolt-ons, tune, and tires and you'll be faster than your cobra ever was with the reliability that goes along with owning a near-stock car.

don't take this the wrong way, but why is this guy interested in your cobra, if he has a completely solid, 9-10 second car, that is built so well that it would withstand years of abuse without a single problem??

i'm not one to judge people too harshly, but you've dropped WAY too much money modding your cobra, drove a bolt-on cts-v for a while, wrecked a lightly modded vette, and are now looking at trading a HIGHLY modded race car (that you know the history of, and all the components in, and are fairly sure things have been done correctly this time) for another HIGHLY modded race car that you don't know anything about (other than what the other owner tells you, and has receipts for). if you're looking for a break from the "neverending money pit of modifying cars" then you're looking in the wrong place.

buy an '07 c6z. bolt-ons, tune, and tires and you'll be faster than your cobra ever was with the reliability that goes along with owning a near-stock car.

This man. Or sell the cobra and buy any ls1 car. Just because you have the money does not mean you have to spend upwards of 30k on a sweet car. You got a suv for a dd and winter car. Why not sell the cobra and get another ss or something and put your standard bolt ons on it. There ya go 400 or so horsepower and its not going to cost you anywhere near even 20k to do it.

I don't buy the same thing twice.

I have been looking in to a C6Z but the best price I could find on a low mile was $38k, little more than I'd like to spend. Like I said before nothing is set in stone, I have allot of options right now. Hell I will be re-enlisting in the next couple months to which I could contribute even more. Who knows!