2 Gun/3 Gun Competitions

EVILGTP98

Hey guys, been searching online for some info, found a place in Zanesville that does 2 gun comps, Briar Rabbit. Used to go sporting clay shooting all the time and I guess they really upped the place in the last 5 years or so. Just wondering if anyone has ever entered one of these comps or at least seen it. I am wanting to enter and just trying to get an idea of what I would need and what kind of distance I would train on. There is some info on briar rabbits website as well as a video of some pistol comps. Thanks for any info...

You can make anything work. It's a good way to figure out how good you are and getting better with what you have. There's not many options that you have to do that here in OH. People will mention TDI, but I think that place is a rip off for what it actually is.

briarrabbit.com for more info. I haven't shot there in over two years, but it's a good time.

anything down south? say Fort Bragg area? I have found a couple ranges that are farther than your normal gun range, but I think I am going to have to put some time in getting to know people down here to find some better places to shoot.

Yeah I am just looking for leads to check up on. The marksmanship training for your basic airborne trooper pretty much ends once you score expert on the marksmanship qualification, and I know there is a lot more improvement to be had

Yeah I am just looking for leads to check up on. The marksmanship training for your basic airborne trooper pretty much ends once you score expert on the marksmanship qualification, and I know there is a lot more improvement to be had

No DMR course? Think you said you were an 11 bang bang, get your EIB and go to sniper school. :D

no slots have came down for that yet, or if it has they haven't been available to me yet. I have been thinking about ranger before sniper, but honestly no real cool schools slots have came down yet. We are just about done with our training cycle, which ends after jrtc in october. Then we start that global response force in December which I think schools might start coming up then hopefully, but everyone wants SDM so as a lowly private might take a while before I can get into that. Waiting on the next round for EIB also

no slots have came down for that yet, or if it has they haven't been available to me yet. I have been thinking about ranger before sniper, but honestly no real cool schools slots have came down yet. We are just about done with our training cycle, which ends after jrtc in october. Then we start that global response force in December which I think schools might start coming up then hopefully, but everyone wants SDM so as a lowly private might take a while before I can get into that. Waiting on the next round for EIB also

EIB is easy shit, as long as you're in shape and know the basic weapon systems. We did a JRTC rotation in late Jan early Feb of this year and it was a joke. Personally, NTC is a little more Afghanistan realistic when it boils down to it. Not to mention a lot more live fire exercises than what we did. I know the brigade that was in Haiti just left here about a month and a half ago. I'm sure 101st will be rotating out here too, since we occupy their battle space.

Word on the block is if you stick around long enough, you'll get a school slot. I don't doubt it one bit.

briarrabbit just "reopened" earlier this year under new management and i've been there several times they have lots of clay pigeon stuff a 400 yard range and 10 pistol bays all with metal targets. if you have an iphone you can use the ShotTimer app and view your times. they do have a 2 gun shoot but no 3 gun yet and they also have a .22 shoot.

$10 an hour with a maximum of $30 a day and $100 for a year membership.

Thanks Rob, I think a friend of mine and I are gonna head up monday and put a few rounds down range, at least with the pistols, I am taking the AR but not sure what I can get into with that and I am hoping to talk to a few people to get an idea of what goes on at the 2 guns comps. There is a shoot at the end of the month I may just enter and wing it and see how I do. thanks for the info though

Went up tues and did a few runs through what they had, have to admit, pretty interesting setup. 9 bays to shoot in and lots of different style of knock down dinger targets. Spoke with the people running it and they said the 2 gun comp is pretty popular. Its Shotgun/pistol, requires 300 pistol rounds and between 75 to 100 shotgun rounds. They are shooting the comp on Sunday the 26th and I am pretty sure, baring any major issues I am gonna go check it out and see what I can do.

Went up tues and did a few runs through what they had, have to admit, pretty interesting setup. 9 bays to shoot in and lots of different style of knock down dinger targets. Spoke with the people running it and they said the 2 gun comp is pretty popular. Its Shotgun/pistol, requires 300 pistol rounds and between 75 to 100 shotgun rounds. They are shooting the comp on Sunday the 26th and I am pretty sure, baring any major issues I am gonna go check it out and see what I can do.

take pics and vids. i'm not going to be able to do this one but i do plan on entering their .22 comp on the 19th.

You go shooting in my back yard and don't call.... :nono:

Went and shot today at the 2 gun, very interesting to say the least, alot of good shooters and some very difficult and challenging shots. My slug barrell/tactical shotgun did okay but some of the targets were heavy and if you didnt drill them the pattern was so loose it was somewhat ineffective. Basically and it was definatly a learning expierence, next time will be alot easier to get into the rythem. Start with the shotty, as many as shell hold unless otherwise stated and do work till shes dry then trans to the pistol to finish up. 1 station was come through door way, pick up loaded shotgun, fire at 2 plates and a steel bowling pin, except the 2 plates had clay throwers connected and you had to hit the birds as well, drop shotgun and move 15 feet to your right to your pistol, empty, action closed, with your mag next to it, inside a lidded box, open, load, rack and fire. Very challenging and a really good time, I started out poorly just trying to get the feel for the order, I shot second each time behind a guy just shooting carbine rifle so I was kinda flying blind.

Some thought was required, as to which targets to use the shotgun and which were better suited for the pistol. A very good time, I will definatly be going again soon.