has anybody used a warn winch?

russian rocket

i just picked up an 06 kq 700. it came with a warn 2500lb winch (2.5ci)

well today, me and a couple buddies went out to a local riding place and about 20 minutes in i under estimated a deep mud pit and got really stuck. well i thought, sure no problem, ill just use my trusty winch to get me out. unfortunately it didnt work that way. i couldnt imagine that i had maxed out a 2500lb winch but it just wouldnt get me out. it would get to a certain point and just stop drawing in more line. do you guys think that there could possible be something wrong with the winch or was i really maxing it out? i know the winch is fully operational because i pulled the quad up a tree a couple days earlier. here is a couple crappy pics

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/kliped/0905101301b.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/kliped/IMG_20100905_135410.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/kliped/IMG_20100905_135416.jpg

I have seen one case before where a winch was right at (or so we assumed) the working limit, and with a near-full spool of wire it wouldn't quite reel in, but if we ran the cable out (off the drum) if would just barely pull in the load. I don't know if that was your problem or not, or if you even have that much cable on there.

I have seen one case before where a winch was right at (or so we assumed) the working limit, and with a near-full spool of wire it wouldn't quite reel in, but if we ran the cable out (off the drum) if would just barely pull in the load. I don't know if that was your problem or not, or if you even have that much cable on there.

i tried a couple different spots to pull out so it was at both almost fully out and close in, i have 50 feet of line

Snatch block will fix it, double the capability. Was the quad running? They use alot of power.

yea i started looking into them.

and yep the quad was running, there was a couple times though that it was almost killing it because of the load it was drawing so i had to keep the rpms up.

yea i started looking into them.

and yep the quad was running, there was a couple times though that it was almost killing it because of the load it was drawing so i had to keep the rpms up.

you wont be stuck again if u get one .just run it out to the snatch block and back to the quad and itll pull 7000# .

you wont be stuck again if u get one .just run it out to the snatch block and back to the quad and itll pull 7000# .

just picked one up today.

but i think i figured out the problem. apparently suzuki thought that its best to only charge a battery at 12.4v. so i ran some thicker wire from the voltage regulator right to the battery and now im getting 14.4v charging at the bat. and the winch acts like its on steroids now lol