Motorola Droid is dead

CRAWDAD

I have the Insurance from Asurion (what ever verizon sells on your monthly bill).

Phone got run over in traffic.

I put a claim in and it says its on back order! (Motorola Droid 1)

Does anybody know how long it usually takes? They didn't say, only told me that they would contact me when when they had something!

Wondering if anyone has dealt with them recently? Not sure if I am going to have to get another phone in the mean time.

just get a loaner man and wait...or push for the driod 2...if you complain you'll get it

I have to go through the insurance company! Will they still offer it (the Droid 2)? They did offer: HTC Eris or Motorola Devour and had them in stock.

I took the phone in to a verizon store and they said, "For something like that you have to exchange it through the Insurance"

Too early to push for a droid 2 since it just came out. Call customer service and try to wheel and deal into a new phone. Expect to pay for it, and sign a contract, but get a new phone at discounted pricing out of the deal. The last thing a company wants is the person to not have a phone to use.

Good Idea! which one is the newest? Droid 2 - Droid x - or the Incredible?

Droid 2 is newest, Droid x is biggest, incredible is great and is not on back order. Only the Droid 2 has a physical keyboard. My next phone will be an x because I like em big ;)

Lots of people have been pushing for and gotten the Droid 2 or Incredible on there insurance. Pretty sure Asurion states they give you a phone of equal or better quality

The droid 2 is not considerd equal value due to the processor and release date. Droid 2 is equal to the incredible, droid x, fathom, and other newer phones. The droid 1 is compatible with the eris, devour, and sometimes the ally. Lots of people push but the only ones that get them are the people lucky enough to get people in training that dont know any better.

Asurion has replaced my busted phones with the newer version of the phone when they did not have it in stock. If you are not eligible for promo pricing than you will probably not be able to get a discount on a phone through VZW. Always be nice as people will do what they can not what they have to. I would position it as an emergency (you have kids and need to be in touch, elderly grandmother has health issues, etc) if they still will not do it than you can go to a vzw store and there is a little known process where the store can process the replacement but it needs to be an emergency.....see above. Goodluck and hope this helps you Crawdad!

The droid 2 is not considerd equal value due to the processor and release date. Droid 2 is equal to the incredible, droid x, fathom, and other newer phones. The droid 1 is compatible with the eris, devour, and sometimes the ally. Lots of people push but the only ones that get them are the people lucky enough to get people in training that dont know any better.

Verizon has been known to replace the Droid with the Droid 2.

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/08/31/droid-2-as-warranty-replacement-for-droid-continues/

Update:

I called Verizon and spoke with a lady that was very helpful (the best means that she could) She even 3 way called asurion to let them know that the only phone that Verizon has listed as a replacement on the Droid 1, was the Droid 2. Asurion still wasn't budging. So I am still on the waiting list for Droid 1 thru Asurion. $89 deductible w/ free next day shipping when it comes in.

I was not eligible for a 2yr up upgrade on any of my lines. I was eligible for a 1yr up grade on 1 of my 3 lines. Even with a 1yr upgrade the Droid 1 was $319, the Droid 2; Droid x;and the HTC Incredible were $379. I didn't want to pay that much.

I asked about adding another line, and she said it would work. So that is what I did. I am adding my mother-in-law to my account and giving her one of my old Verizon phones.

I ordered the Droid X - cause I like em BIG and don't need the slid out Key board. The Droid X is on backorder too, so I will just use my daughters phone until my new one comes in.

Thanks to everybody that gave advice.

I think I will order the Droid 1 from asurion when it becomes avalible and keep it as a back up for me or my wife incase this ever happens again!

Verizon has been known to replace the Droid with the Droid 2.

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/08/31/droid-2-as-warranty-replacement-for-droid-continues/

Warranty is different than insurance. Verizon handles the warranty, Asurion handles insurance. A phone that has been ran over voids the warranty. Asurion will not budge, verizon can.

In closing take what you read online with a grain of salt. I see some wrong info in this thread. Also keep in mind that with any company there are the rules, and there are idiot customer services reps that may or may not know them. If you are nice and dont get the answer you want try again. A call center in California may have slightly different practices than one in Florida. I had overage and was told there was nothing that could be done. One more call and it was taken care of and I was told they are suppose to give credits. One of them was wrong but who gives a shit because I got the credit ;)

J.J call back one more time before you activate a new line. You can probably talk them down to $300 and not have to pay $10 a month for 2 years...

Ask verizon for a credit of the days that you couldnt use your phone, if youre on that type of plan.

If they choose to provide you with that type of insurance company for phone coverage, they should be able to help you out on your bill.

Is the cable company responsible if your tv is run over?

J.J call back one more time before you activate a new line. You can probably talk them down to $300 and not have to pay $10 a month for 2 years...

I ordered the Droid X with a new 2 yr agreement on the new line. I got the phone for $199 plus taxes.