People are crazy over iphone 4 lol

Comebackkid

They don't want the be under the 2 yr contract. Approx $80/month times two years is more than what they just paid for your phone, plus the $299 to get it at the discounted price. Now they can go to a different carrier or just pay month by month.

No they cant go to a different carrier because the phone is still network locked, it still needs to be unlocked. You can buy the phone directly from apple/at&t without a contract and it will still be cheaper.

No they cant go to a different carrier because the phone is still network locked, it still needs to be unlocked. You can buy the phone directly from apple/at&t without a contract and it will still be cheaper.

It can be unlocked in 5 minutes with a wifi connection.

From Apple.com

• Can I buy an iPhone without an AT&T contract?

No. iPhone requires a two-year AT&T wireless service contract.

From Apple.com

• Can I buy an iPhone without an AT&T contract?

No. iPhone requires a two-year AT&T wireless service contract.

Tell that to my buddy who just bought one from AT&T without extending his contract. That's how the system has worked for years. You get a phone at a discounted rate if you sign a 2 year contract because the carriers make more than their money back. Or you buy the phone at full price (which is what I do 99% of the time), and you dont have to sign a 2 year contract.

What you quoted is either to get the phone at the discounted price, or Apple being a bunch of faggots (as usual)

Tell that to my buddy who just bought one from AT&T without extending his contract. That's how the system has worked for years. You get a phone at a discounted rate if you sign a 2 year contract because the carriers make more than their money back. Or you buy the phone at full price (which is what I do 99% of the time), and you dont have to sign a 2 year contract.

What you quoted is either to get the phone at the discounted price, or Apple being a bunch of faggots (as usual)

If you buy it at 600 you are not signing a new contract. However you only get away with that if you already have an AT&T account. If you pay 600 for it at apple or AT&T you cannot leave the store without activating it, there is no home activation since the first gen. So really you can't get one without activating it on AT&T. You might not be signing a 2 year contract, but you cannot leave the store without it being opened and activated in store. Which means a $300+ ETF when you get home if you don't want AT&T.

If you buy it at 600 you are not signing a new contract. However you only get away with that if you already have an AT&T account. If you pay 600 for it at apple or AT&T you cannot leave the store without activating it, there is no home activation since the first gen. So really you can't get one without activating it on AT&T. You might not be signing a 2 year contract, but you cannot leave the store without it being opened and activated in store. Which means a $300+ ETF when you get home if you don't want AT&T.

There it is.