BBK LS1 Headers? Input plz

Fubar231

I hate BBK stuff shane its cheap junk.

^^^ TRUTH ^^^^

http://www.ls1tech.com is your friend. There is a sticky in the top of the engine external thread that talks about headers. Or you could use the search function on that site to get good info.

If you are trying to go cheap get Pacesetter long tubes with the Texas Speed ORY. I think that set up ceramic coated from them is like $530 shipped.

Have seen nothing but happy people with Pacesetters. I just have the black painted non-emission with the pacesetter ory, and they fit and function perfectly. You could spend more on the ceramic coating, but IMHO thats mostly cosmetic. I know ceramic coating keep more heat in the pipes and are supposed to keep underhood temps down, but I don't think its worth the extra money, when I seen the coated ones get a little rust on them anyway.

Bang for the buck I vote Pacesetters everytime. If you want something that'll look and function great for a lifetime you'll spend 3 times as much, ie Kooks and American Racing Headers. The only other headers I would consider are TSP 1 7/8" for performance, or Hooker's new 1 7/8" headers.

Pacesetters

http://www.jegs.com/i/Pace-Setter/766/70-2256/10002/-1?parentProductId=760796

Hookers

http://www.jegs.com/i/Hooker-Headers/520/2468/10002/-1?parentProductId=761961

And ive looked at TSP's 1 7/8 headers but by the time u get a y pipe, gaskets, shipping its up towards $700 +/- a few $

Also, can i use whatever Y pipe with them, or are they all normally designed for there headers. Cause Hookers ORY is like 70-80$ more than pacesetters but look the same , same diameter, etc. I don't have the money to opt for stainless steel / ceramic coated , but im honestly not worried about having my headers look clean as shit at all times... There headers haha

I'd bet the y-pipes could be interchanged, but I've worked at exhaust shops and know how to tweek these things. For best results I'd stick with the same brands.

You do realize that Hooker now makes both a 1 3/4" and a 1 7/8" header, a decent price difference iirc.

I'd bet the y-pipes could be interchanged, but I've worked at exhaust shops and know how to tweek these things. For best results I'd stick with the same brands.

You do realize that Hooker now makes both a 1 3/4" and a 1 7/8" header, a decent price difference iirc.

Yeah. I was looking at stuff and pacesetters w/ ory is 463 and kooks comps 1 3/4"s w/ ory is 493. Probably going to go with kooks.

Pacesetters w/ORY are $370~ at TSP, your choice of their ORY or the pacesetter one.

http://texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=976&catid=45

Going to be ordering those, along with some gm gaskets from Scoggin-Dickey and I have no clue which bolts yet.

I really need to buy them one of these days.

I think ive decided on the Hooker long tubes 1 3/4"s and ORY. Now i just have to figure out how im going to get these on before i go pick them up lol.

Has anyone heard of any fitment issues on the Hookers? From what i read on ls1tech there good for the money.

They said Pacesetter < Hookers/Somethin else < Then American Racing / somethin else

So i figure itll work for me.