Further proof that Verizon sucks

CRed05

pre-installed apps that cant be uninstalled still suck.

Pre-install anything you like on my new phone, but don't lock me out of uninstalling it. Once I bought it its mine. Its kind of the whole point of open source that the droid is founded on.

Root your phone. Problem solved.

The majority of the people have choices. Thanks to this thread I went out and picked one up. Going into the menu is annoying as hell with all the extra apps. My solution for this is to properly use the 7 home screens and never need the menu. Google navigation is on there for free, along with every other google app minus the search widget. I was also able to set it up the exact same way as my droid 1 (minus a few 2.2 only apps).

I also talked to a lot of people I know that have droids and asked them how often they use the google search widget. 100% of the people said it was the first thing they removed from their home page when they got the phone. Most people wont know the difference, and if you do you can probably root a phone. Overall I say its lighter than an x, great display, bigger than an incredible, and is very responsive. For those that think the x is too big the fascinate weighs less and fits better in the hand. If I had a choice I would probably still get an x, but with the fascinate being buy one get one free I would get it in a heart beat if I had 2 lines ready to upgrade. Call me crazy, but I like it more than the incredible. The clutter in the menu doesnt annoy me enough not to get it. The bigger screen, way it feels in the hand, and quality makes it a nice phone in my eyes. All I need is my handcent, astro, google navigation, papi games, weather channel, and facebook (keep in mind Im coming from a droid 1 so all of these phone seem that much better to me lol). I snatched one from one of the techs so I could play with it all night :D Again, not a droid x, but a very well put together phone. If Verizon didnt put their stamp on it and gay it up then it could be considered the best phone out.

Edited by V8 Beast

The majority of the people have choices. Thanks to this thread I went out and picked one up. Going into the menu is annoying as hell with all the extra apps. My solution for this is to properly use the 7 home screens and never need the menu. Google navigation is on there for free, along with every other google app minus the search widget. I was also able to set it up the exact same way as my droid 1 (minus a few 2.2 only apps).

I also talked to a lot of people I know that have droids and asked them how often they use the google search widget. 100% of the people say it was the first thing they removed from their home page when they got the phone. Most people wont know the difference, and if you do you can probably root a phone.

Black dynamite has spoken. I think i want one now!

natch. but the majority of the buying public cant do that.

big corps all suck

The majority of the buying public shouldn't buy half the shit without researching it first. I still say there must be a written test of the OSI model and packet forwarding before the public can buy a computer router. People need to read a damn book. I fucking hate lazy uneducated people die in a fire.

I also talked to a lot of people I know that have droids and asked them how often they use the google search widget. 100% of the people said it was the first thing they removed from their home page when they got the phone. Most people wont know the difference, and if you do you can probably root a phone. Overall I say its lighter than an x, great display, bigger than an incredible, and is very responsive. For those that think the x is too big the fascinate weighs less and fits better in the hand. If I had a choice I would probably still get an x, but with the fascinate being buy one get one free I would get it in a heart beat if I had 2 lines ready to upgrade. Call me crazy, but I like it more than the incredible. The clutter in the menu doesnt annoy me enough not to get it. The bigger screen, way it feels in the hand, and quality makes it a nice phone in my eyes. All I need is my handcent, astro, google navigation, papi games, weather channel, and facebook (keep in mind Im coming from a droid 1 so all of these phone seem that much better to me lol). I snatched one from one of the techs so I could play with it all night :D Again, not a droid x, but a very well put together phone. If Verizon didnt put their stamp on it and gay it up then it could be considered the best phone out.

Cool. I hate the sideways swiping on the launcher. Is there an option to install non-market apps? At&t blocked it on theirs. The phone really is very light.

pre-installed apps that cant be uninstalled still suck.

Pre-install anything you like on my new phone, but don't lock me out of uninstalling it. Once I bought it its mine. Its kind of the whole point of open source that the droid is founded on.

Titanium Backup is your best friend.

Don't forget that the Fascinate is one of the only android phones that you can change the order of the apps in the menu without third party software. Don't like the preinstalled apps? Move 'em to the bottom! No phone is perfect....yet anyway. but the android os is pretty close.

Cool. I hate the sideways swiping on the launcher. Is there an option to install non-market apps? At&t blocked it on theirs. The phone really is very light.

I put a new launcher in it (launcher pro). I hated going sideways too so I got the one that scrolls up and down. Out of the box it definitely needs a lot more work than other droid phones. After messing around with it for a few hours its pretty comfortable now. I had to move the apps like vz navigator and vcast to the back, set up the home pages, and change the launcher... but there's a diamond in the rough under the corporate stuff.

I also talked to a lot of people I know that have droids and asked them how often they use the google search widget. 100% of the people said it was the first thing they removed from their home page when they got the phone.

Me and my wife both use the Google search widget A LOT. In fact, the wife had me put it on her home page because on the X it wasnt there to start with.

How's that percentage now? ;)

Guess we're calling the same thing two different names. Thats the widget i'm referring to: bar with both a text field and a microphone icon. you talk or type.

If the Google search widget is something else its news to me.

Its the same thing. We remove the big bar because it takes up too much space and the button on the phone does the same thing.

I'm gonna stick with Sprint for now. Next month I'll have a new Galaxy S with 4G (when they turn it on in Cleveland, hopefully end of the year) with unlimited 3G, 4G, texting and 500 minutes a month. My bill will only be 50 dollars per month plus taxes.

When another company can offer me all of that for the price, I'll consider them. Until then Sprint is top on my list. I've never had a problem with their supposedly terrible customer service reps either.