Burn's me JUST a bit!

1bad_nova

Went to the Axes & Axles show in West Jefferson on Labor Day and it was a very nice show. I don't get to many of those because of how limited my driving range is, because of the fuel I have to run. So, I had good time no matter what.

BUT....

Just a tid-bit of info...they were doing top 5 in various decades (eg. top 5 of 60's & 70's etc.) and I fully didn't expect to take a top 5...I mean, hell my interior isn't even done. But, the rest of the car is clean, no rust and detailed. So, when I noticed they were doing a top 30 overall from the show, I figured at least 1 of those would come my way which is nice. 99.9% of the time I put on my registration card "DO NOT JUDGE" because I've got enough plaques and such sitting around the house. But, this show was larger and so I wanted to see what happened.

To my surprise (or maybe I shouldn't be surprised) I did not get a top 30 and neither did the silver certificate Chevelle that was next to me that I cruised down with BUT a fucking POS PT Cruiser DID.......WTF!!!!!!!!!!

A black PT Cruiser with aftermarket wheels, and stick on chrome from Advance Auto-Parts walks out with a top 30 of nearly 190cars.... WOW!! AND a bone stock corvette & mustang. To be honest, I wasn't even that upset about my car not getting, the way my car is built, has a taste all its own...BUT the Chevelle next to me....

OK, I'm done ranting...but that's been burning me up since the show and I had to let it out! :)

Sorry man, some people (even "car people") just have retarded taste. I remember the "car shows" that culvers had every now and then, and it was usually riced out PT cruisers and plastikrome galore.

The Culvers on the west side? Yeah, I go to those...those are the shows where I register to show my respect, but I write the "DO NOT judge" on the paper on my dash.

Sorry man, some people (even "car people") just have retarded taste. I remember the "car shows" that culvers had every now and then, and it was usually riced out PT cruisers and plastikrome galore.

This is why I will never go to a single one of those shows again. They have their little group they pick and that is it, if they don't know you they don't give you an award.

After last summer I don't even bother to enter car shows anymore. I would rather win best appearing car at a race.

This is why I will never go to a single one of those shows again. They have their little group they pick and that is it, if they don't know you they don't give you an award.

After last summer I don't even bother to enter car shows anymore. I would rather win best appearing car at a race.

And I agree..BUT for those of us that can't afford to go to the track every weekend...I enjoy it because I get to look at lots of cars and meet some really nice folks. I think I'm just done letting the car be judged at all, every again! :)

i kind of feel this way about the CR carshow held off roberts road last year, or maybe it was early this year

car shows are a popularity contest. its got nothing to do with cars.

ive been to some where my s10 was fresh perfect. and great shape. and a s10 with 10 diff color body pannels rusty suspension torn interior and rusty dirty motor got a trophy and i didnt get shit. happens everytime.

thats why i usually dont go or just give the trophys to garrett. they dont mean crap

what matters is people looking and you like your car.

You said yourself your interior wasn't done.....

I've helped put on quite a few shows and you have no idea how much a pain in the ass it is. These "rants" always happen. (btw I had nothing to do with this one)

What was wrong with the PT as far as condition or cleanliness?

Don't get me wrong, I hate when shit like that wins too.... But when the guys with nice cars don't clean/finish their shit, it happens.

To make shows NOT a popularity contest, and not biased on PERSONAL taste the judges have to have something measurable. It usually boils down to cleanliness and condition then broke down by engine, interior, exterior or wheels.

More than likely they hated to give a win to a PT, but looking at it through points they had to.

Get your car finished and clean as a pin before being upset about that kind of situation.

I've helped put on quite a few shows and you have no idea how much a pain in the ass it is. These "rants" always happen. (btw I had nothing to do with this one)

Don't get me wrong, I hate when shit like that wins too.... But when the guys with nice cars don't clean/finish their shit, it happens.

To make shows NOT a popularity contest, and not biased on PERSONAL taste the judges have to have something measurable. It usually boils down to cleanliness and condition then broke down by engine, interior, exterior or wheels.

More than likely they hated to give a win to a PT, but looking at it through points they had to.

Get your car finished and clean as a pin before being upset about that kind of situation.

In all seriousness...your post kinda came across as a lecture..and trust me..I don't need one of those about my car or how judging is done. But I doubt that's how you meant it to come across.

And I know for a fact that half the guys that judged, don't even work on or own any hot rods... And, in my original post, I said I was more surprised that the Chevelle didn't get anything. NOT even a top 5 pick, and then not even a top 30 is a fucking insult. And, like Matt said above, it is popularity contest. You are describing what it's like to be a judge at freaking GoodGuys LOL

My paint scheme, color, and detail should have blown him off the map before you got to the interior. My engine compartment..is very detailed and clean. My trunk is painted a dark grey, aluminum fuel cell and neat wiring. ALL my wiring under the hood is clean and neat. He had American Racing wheels and Advance Auto stick on chrome panels and a vacuumed interior that was BONE stock like EVERY OTHER PT CRUISER. And, I saw the car...the paint wasn't even nicely detailed...horribly swirl marks.

And, just to clarify..I don't even care about trophies....EXCEPT when something like this happens...it's a slap in the face for those of us that stand on our head to work under the dash of a car with a 10pt cage in it. And even though my post here comes across as if I'm angry..it's just the way I am..I'm very passionate about anything that I do. I'm not angry in the slighest...was just a bit burned! Oh well, that IS why I have a drag car more than a street car! :) hehe I just wish I had the money and time to get to the drag strip like I used to.

And quit making sense...I just like bitching damnit!!!! :D

I missed that show. I ended up going to the Ox Roast right when the show was ending and I saw a lot of people drive past, it looked like a nice turnout.

No. If that were the case, anybody with a well-kept "new" car could win at a car show. The bottom line is that it's a stock 2000-whatever year PT Cruiser with tacky "modifications" and cute fuzzy little stuffed animals scattered through the interior. Shits weak. Who cares if it's clean. The car SHOULD be clean, it's stock and only a handful years old.

I see these PT Cruiser weirdos at the Culver's and Georgesville DQ shows all the time; they come in flocks and somehow win awards. I just don't get it.

1badnova - I wasn't trying to come off the way it did. Just trying to give some insight. The fact that I was stuck in an airport when I posted probably didn't help the way I articulated my point. I apologize.

Also regarding the "all new cars would win" above -

I agree, and that's why the shows I have helped with are always broke down between cars, trucks, year ranges, and finally those are split into stock and modified classes.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to go to car shows with my father when I was a teenager. I helped him with a frame off restoration on a '65 mustang. VERY clean car when it was finished.

I noticed the same thing in car shows. If it's a car club, then they make sure their members get most everything, unless your car is TRULY worthy of praise. And even then you'd be lucky.

I just don't understand how a pt cruiser can win over anything at all. Actually, I really don't understand how they made it off the dealer lots....

I rode in the back of a pt cruiser once, I couldn't even roll down my own fucking window.. the driver has all four buttons up front. What a piece of fuck car.

Seriously? :lol:

I guess I'm not even that surprised. I'd expect nothing less from a PT Fucking Cruiser.

Seriously? :lol:

I guess I'm not even that surprised. I'd expect nothing less from a PT Fucking Cruiser.

middle of the dashboard..

http://image.automobilemag.com/f/6668533+w750+st0/0510_8_900+2006_Chrysler_PT_Cruiser+Interior_View_Dashboard.jpg

The pt was stock and 40 years newer.. of course it’s gonna have its whole interior. My man here is building a classic with his own hands and some econofuckbox rolls up with chrome trim and beats him? Your car show can suck my fuck.