Flight 587

Guest 614Streets

Guest 614Streets

Does anyone ever recall flight 587?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Airlines_Flight_587

Does anyone feel the Flight 587 crash , despite the National Transportation Safety Boards ruling that the first officer's overuse of rudder controls "attributed the disaster" , was not fully known or even perhaps , covered up?

I have always had a profound recall of that flight and feeling that things did not add up to reality.

Since it was so close to the time of 9/11 I can see where there would be a connection in peoples minds. The national transportation safety guys have the data recorder and if they say it was overuse of rudder than I guess thats what we have to go on unless you can get the data recorder and look at it yourself.

It would not surprise me if it was terrorists and was covered up, but I have a feeling that if it were terrorists so soon after 9/11 it would have been used as a "call to war" more likely than covered up.

Since it was so close to the time of 9/11 I can see where there would be a connection in peoples minds. The national transportation safety guys have the data recorder and if they say it was overuse of rudder than I guess thats what we have to go on unless you can get the data recorder and look at it yourself.

It would not surprise me if it was terrorists and was covered up, but I have a feeling that if it were terrorists so soon after 9/11 it would have been used as a "call to war" more likely than covered up.

I agree other then the fact that they would have been trying to keep the national fear level down and the airline industry alive. There was also the attempted shoe bombing in Dec. that wasn't used as a call to war. I don't full heartedly agree that it is a cover up but, I wouldn't be able to agree that beyond a reasonable doubt it was pilot error.

One of the passengers killed on the flight was Hilda Yolanda Mayol, a 26-year-old American woman [28] on her way to vacation in her native Dominican Republic. Two months earlier, on September 11, Mayol worked at a restaurant on the ground floor of the World Trade Center and escaped before the building collapsed.[29][30]

That's unreal. Some final destination shit. I mean, what are the odds.

It's not the first Airbus to have the vertical stabilizer (tail) depart the aircraft in flight. I remember photos of a complete vertical stab. being fished out of the ocean from Air France 447 that crashed in May 2009. Some of the attachment points (and on some models, the entire stabilizer) are a composite material and have been looked at as a problem area. Although the cause of the 447 is undetermined, it seems odd that the only large piece of the aircraft recovered was the tail.

It's not the first Airbus to have the vertical stabilizer (tail) depart the aircraft in flight. I remember photos of a complete vertical stab. being fished out of the ocean from Air France 447 that crashed in May 2009. Some of the attachment points (and on some models, the entire stabilizer) are a composite material and have been looked at as a problem area. Although the cause of the 447 is undetermined, it seems odd that the only large piece of the aircraft recovered was the tail.

I remember Airbus grounding A319s after stress cracks were discovered. I'll bet if you search a bit you'll see the story of another Airbus right around the time of Flight 587 having an emergency landing because part of the tail broke off midflight...

NO conspiracy theories here...