Need recommendations on Vehicle Appraiser

RC K9

As the title states, I need recommendations on independent vehicle appraisers. Concerning the car accident I was in where my 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD was totaled by a lady running a red light, her insurance company refuses to work with me on what I feel is fair and have proven is fair market value. That being said, I am at a point where I either need to file a claim with my insurance company, come to an agreement with them, and then they pay me and fight it out with the other lady's incurance co., or, get a lawyer to fight the other lady's company which is only going to drag this out further and possibly cost me more than I will gain. My concern is, I don't want to have to fight my insurance company on the value of the car as hard as I have been fighting this other lady's. That being said, according to my policy, I have the right to get an independent appraisal done, which I feel, along with all of the other documentation I have, can only help my case. That being said, I need recommendations on reputable appraisers ASAP. I know Arena Motorsports does them, is there anyone else in the area? Let me know. Thanks!

-Ryan

holy crap you haven't settled this yet? that sucks. what are they offering you? FYI, the ins comp will get their own appraiser as well and the two appraisers will have to come to a value. I would file with your ins comp and see what they offer you. it will not hurt your policy at all and they will be more willing to work with you than the other company as you pay their premium....

I'm guessing their offering you 1500 and you want 4000 amirite?

Good luck just show a bunch of examples of cars for sale and tell them to fuck off if they don't pay you what you want.

No, They offered me $2751 and I told them to try again and they offered me $3000 and I told them to try again and they won't budge from $3000. Thus far they have provided me with no hard evidence of a vehicle of that year, that color, in that condition with those options. However, I found one about 2 weeks ago that was pretty close to an exact match, that sold on ebay for $4250. They told me they don't use ebay because that's a bidding war and it doesn't determine the actual value of the car. At that point I was tempted to ask the lady if she was retarted. Market value is determined what people are willing to pay. There is no better way to determine what that is unless it is at auction. If people are willing to pay $4250 for that vehicle, then obvioulsy that is what that car is worth. In other words, if I were to sell my car on ebay, that is a good way to gauge wat I could expect to see. I also submitted a bunch of pictures of my car showing the condition the body was in as well as all the receipts for the work on the car I have put into it. So I have provided hard documentation supporting my claims and they have yet to provide me with anything other than hypothetical #'s for cars that don't really exist...because they can't find a comparable replacement for my car!

So what I am considering doing is getting an independant appraisal, filing the claim through my insurance company and seeing they will give me fair market value or close to it and if so, then they can just go after this lady's insurance company...

Liberty offered me $3000 less $193 and some change for salvage. I found one other comparable in SC listed at $4000. They won't recognize that either.

NADA is $7073...which of course they won't take into account either and because all of my parts were purchased prior to 60 days ago, they won't recognize those as adding value to the car...I mean the effing tires had 1354 miles on them! You telling me those are not brand new?

I am getting an independant appraisal from Dan "Boots" Longanette http://autosmarts4u.com/ and he was talking about it being an interesting case and mentioned maybe having me call into the show about it. I also offered to give him more details about the situation so he can determine if it would even be worth having me so he told me to call him today...which I am going to do.

I also got off the phone with my insurance company and they offered less than the other lady's and are pretty much telling my my comparable can't be used since they don't recognize ebay as determining value (even though when I spell out how what an item sells for in a bidding process determines what the actual value would be as that is what it would have cost me to replace my vehicle, and what I presented was what a vehicle actually sold for, not asking price). They also used the avg of two '91's they found to determine value and to that I said, a 90 is not a 91...look at the nada value of a 91 and then look at the 90. The 90 is considered and effing classic hence the higher value. AHHHHH!!!! I am so frustrated.

I can pull an NADA value here at the bank. I can fax you a screen print of what I find also if need be. PM me if you're interested. With that and mod receipts you should get what you're looking for.

I'll make you the same offer I made someone on OhioVW....free. :)

Can't anybody pull NADA?

was the engine new? all that other stuff is general maintance and is expected to be done to the car so it dosen't add value. have you shown them the nada value? thats a pretty big difference.....

also, I am not sure the lady's ins will take a appraisor value. you may have to go through your ins company for that as its probably in your policy.

The engine wasn't new, it was low mileage JDM though.

I understand some of that stuff was meintencance, but I just put the new upgraded shocks and springs on mid august before the shootout, but because I had them for a month before installing, it's older than 60 days. Car has a $700+ exhaust system on it with holes in it now from where the hangers ripped off. I had padi to get my rims powdercoated and now at least two of them if not all are destroyed. Sure, rims are stock on a car, they all have them, but do they all have $250 powdercoating jobs done? I also converted to a new ECU setup for tuning, the stuff for that was $300, again, all installed mid august...BR Racing 20G turbo on the car...that's $1100 brand new.

As for the appraisor value, that is to take to my insurance company as I had a big argument with them this morning...

Who knows what all is wrong. Car doesn't start. I may be able to use some interior pieces, but I will have to sift through whats good and what isn't. I intend on keeping it, or buying it back or whatever but I have no idea what's good and what's bad at this point. Battery relocation kit was destroyed but at least it kept the battery from flying up and hitting me in the process ha ha. I mean it has fron and rea strut bars which may have been flexed in the accident too and I don't know if they are any good still or not...

well being in the same hobby as you I thought everyone knew you never get out anything you put in. I have a ton of money into my car and I would expect to get markey value for a stock car..... you are getting all those mods back for $193, seems like a good deal to me. I completly see where your coming, but modding a car does not add value. I hope the appraisal helps you.

well being in the same hobby as you I thought everyone knew you never get out anything you put in. I have a ton of money into my car and I would expect to get markey value for a stock car..... you are getting all those mods back for $193, seems like a good deal to me. I completly see where your coming, but modding a car does not add value. I hope the appraisal helps you.

I understand mods don't usually add value to a car. I am talking stock car to stock car same color condition and comparable mileage I have found two and neither of them under $4000. So yes...if there offered $4000 minus the $193 salvage value they gave me I would take it but the d bags aren't even willing to give me a fair replacement compensation.

I understand mods don't usually add value to a car. I am talking stock car to stock car same color condition and comparable mileage I have found two and neither of them under $4000. So yes...if there offered $4000 minus the $193 salvage value they gave me I would take it but the d bags aren't even willing to give me a fair replacement compensation.

I would save your breath. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you get 4k dollars. But.... Insurance companies dont base there offers on any fair market value system that is actually used. Most insurance companies are offering less for replacement value then what I as a car dealer can buy them at auction for. For a consumer that means you get fucked.

In the past year it has gotten worse. Insurance companies are not keeping up with the used car market at all. Using a program to make up a value based on a bunch of information they think is comparable. Geico and Safe-auto are two of the biggest rip offs in that business.

Here is the program those two above I stated uses.

http://ccc.cccis.com/pages/ccc_valuescope__claim_services_solutions/92.php

Above is there actual website. They are a company contracted by larger insurance companies to make up a value of a car. I dont understand how someone can PAY a company to determine a value. Sounds fishy to me.

Below is a example of some of the shady stuff involved.

http://claimbuster.com/ccc_evaluation.php

Sorry to be long winded. I really hate insurance companies.

If you want some other advice send me a pm I might be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck man.