Good thing We're not in Louisville!!!!

Mr. Allinder

Changes are coming to Louisville strip clubs after recent Supreme Court ruling

by Melanie Kahn

WHAS11.com

Posted on October 2, 2010 at 5:39 AM

(WHAS11) Changes are coming to Louisville strip clubs.

The adult entertainment ordinance was passed six years ago, but now after a recent Supreme Court ruling, city officials said they will begin enforcing this ordinance within the next month.

All of the strip clubs will become bikini bars because according to the ordinance, full nudity is not allowed.

But that’s not all... and some say, it’s not fair.

They may all still look the same on the outside, but in 30 days, inside, the view will be much different, after the controversial adult entertainment ordinance goes into effect.

Madonna Flood, Ordinance Sponsor said, “I think it’s a win for the community, because now they can’t be operating in residential areas and they can’t have the type of behavior that actually brings in some of the secondary effects that the residents face.”

Councilwoman, Madonna Flood, was one of the original sponsors of the 2004 ordinance which prohibits full nudity, lap dances and alcohol, prevents customers from directly tipping dancers, forces the strip clubs and dancers to pay for licenses and creates a six foot buffer zone between patrons and dancers.

Metro council members said they enacted the provision because of concerns over the secondary effects of adult entertainment businesses.

“You have property values that depreciate, there’s crime that comes in, such as prostitution and drugs, that happen overnight,” said Flood.

Right after the Metro Council passed it, Jefferson County strip clubs filed a lawsuit, challenging its constitutionality. The case made it to the state Supreme Court, which upheld the ordinance; and now, in the 30 days, it will go into effect.

“When we pass laws, we mean to enforce them and it’s to protect people in this community. And all businesses, whether it’s adult entertainment or it’s your local department stores, there are zoning laws and those are created to protect the citizens, and that’s what our job is to do,” said Flood.

Letters notifying the businesses will be sent out by the Office of Inspections, Permits and Licensing; Shortly after, inspections will begin and those not in compliance will face penalties.

I find it hilarious that Massachusetts, a puritan colony that only allows beer/wine/liquor to be sold from liquor stores and up until ten or fifteen years ago wouldn't allow sales of alcohol on Sunday, has full nude strip clubs that serve alcohol and lap dances.

oh and 5 bucks says that with in a year, rapes and prostitution will go up in that city by a lot.

+1

Id rather the creeper hang out at one spot then raping girls getting out of class..

Retards.

I bet that bitch is ugly and was cheated on by her husband with a stripper. People goto great lengths to make sure others dont have free will.

Neo-puritanical pietists, legislating morality and ruining the fun for everyone. Sex sells; always has and always will. Seriously, prohibition doesn't work for anything: guns, drugs, sex, etc. No matter how hard these fools try they will simply push things underground and exacerbate whatever perceived social problems arise from these things.

It IS total horse shit, probably will drive up sex-related crime, and will put some poor working girls on unemployment. Self-righteousness and morality has no business in the legal system.

Step 1: Build strip club along a major thoroughfare, outside the Louisville corporation limit

Step 2: Laugh at Madonna Flood and make it full nudez + alcohol

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit$

People will drive long distances for teh nudez.

I haven't been to a strip club since my 21st b-day, but I still don't understand why in the hell anyone would ever try to outlaw them... sure, it's a little trashy, but like said above, leave the creapy guys inside the club that a whore is willing to be paid to let grope or whatever else is agreed upon instead of doing it somewhere else... it's just like a drug addict, they are going to get their fix somehow.

+1

Id rather the creeper hang out at one spot then raping girls getting out of class..

Retards.

I bet that bitch is ugly and was cheated on by her husband with a stripper. People goto great lengths to make sure others dont have free will.

couldnt agree more. I love how some people will go to great lengths to extend their own conservative, religious agenda under the guise of 'its b/c everyones property values are going down, itll clean up the neighborhood, etc...' fucking bullshit. If its not hurting anyone then why is it any of your damned business?