ccw glock

Spidey2721

i was originally looking at the h&k p30 but the size and a little bit of complaints of the trigger have made me look elsewhere. mostly size though. i would still like to own one. so been looking at glock. which would you carry... G26, or the G27? 9mm vrs .40 s&w.

Personally, I'd carry the 26>27. I don't buy into the whole 9mm = wimpy theory. The person getting shot isn't going to feel the .050" difference in the 2 rounds, and 9mm penetration is just as adequate as .40. I'd rather have 2 more rounds, myself. Not to mention, .40 is a fairly snappy round and I'd rather not have to deal with that in a subcompact weapon.

And as always...........go shoot both. Then decide.

I disagree. I have a .40 compact, .45 compact, 10mm compact. the .45 is the worst of all 3 imo.

I'm not quite sure what your argument is here...

It may feel like that on your 'hand dyno', but .45 typically uses a slower burning powder compared to .40 and will give you more of a 'push' feeling, rather than a 'snap.' In a subcompact, its probably a bit harder to distinguish which is worse between the .45 and .40, but in general, .40 is known to to be a bit unpleasant. The difference between 9mm and .40 is obviously felt, which is what I originally stated, and what this thread is about.

well i am thankful for all the input. very insightful, but if anything it may have widen my scope of fire arms i may be interested in. although i maybe leaning towards the 26. thinking is, that in a condition that i may actually need to use it in. i will probably be at least a bit rushed to draw, aim, and defend myself. in that sort of situation i may not be wanting to be worrying about the extra "snap", "kick", or "push" of a higher caliber. double tap and bug out to a safer area. i will have to get sometime behind the various options at a range.

9mm G26 all day, with a grip extender. Perfect CCW.

This is exactly what i have. I bought it b/c i found a great deal not b/c i was buying new and comparing. People always complain that 9mm dont neccessarily have the kick or take down power as larger calibers (.40, .45, 10mm etc...) but its also easier to shoot and has a larger mag capacity with the mag extension (originally 10rounds, 12 with the extension as oppose to 6 with the .45), if thats not enough i use personal defense hollow points also. Im happy with it and i'll probably have the gun forever.

However, i havent shot any larger caliber ccw guns so as always you should go find what feels best for you.

This is exactly what i have. I bought it b/c i found a great deal not b/c i was buying new and comparing. People always complain that 9mm dont neccessarily have the kick or take down power as larger calibers (.40, .45, 10mm etc...) but its also easier to shoot and has a larger mag capacity with the mag extension (originally 10rounds, 12 with the extension as oppose to 6 with the .45), if thats not enough i use personal defense hollow points also. Im happy with it and i'll probably have the gun forever.

However, i havent shot any larger caliber ccw guns so as always you should go find what feels best for you.

I don't understand why people need the bigger caliber or the bigger "kick" if and when you ever have to use your CCW it will be within 20M and if you can't cause eminent harm to your target at that range with a 9mm you might as well buy a .50 Cal. Bigger isn't always better people.

I don't understand why people need the bigger caliber or the bigger "kick" if and when you ever have to use your CCW it will be within 20M and if you can't cause eminent harm to your target at that range with a 9mm you might as well buy a .50 Cal. Bigger isn't always better people.

This.

Though I love my .45s (or .40), I found it much easier to justify packing around the Kahr P9 9mm "Noisy Cricket" over all other things I had considered. Plenty of punch if I ever needed it but in the most concealable package in what I consider to be a "major" caliber (for my body shape anyway).

I kind of want an LCP or KelTec for light clothing weather, but I'd rather not have to stock yet another caliber for trips to the range. Also, it's pretty gay that .32 and .380 ammunition is still more expensive than 9mm (though I understand why that is).

i love my glock 23....

I don't leave home without mine. I can't afford multiple firearms so I had to pick one and it is a nice size to cater to all seasons. I can conceal in summer and winter and I have plenty of rounds. It's a great firearm.

I have a G27 and I don't think it handles too bad. If anything it has less felt recoil than my USPc in 40s&w.

Although, if you jump on a G19 or G26 after shooting the G27 the 9mm's will feel like a 22LR. If I were to do it again, I'd go with the 9mm. It is much faster and accurate on the follow-up shot. You also get an extra round with the G26 and it's about 2 oz. lighter fully loaded. I went with the .40 because all my other hand guns are .40.

I also would recommend checking out the S&W M&Pc in either round. I've shot the M&Pc .40 and I'm very impressed with it. It will be a bit more $ than the Glock but you'll also get 2 more rounds and it's only marginally bigger.

Here's a helpful compact pistol comparison sheet for almost everything on the market broken down by caliber.

http://www.mouseguns.com/CompactCompare.pdf

9mm G26 all day, with a grip extender. Perfect CCW.

Depending on how you carry, a g19 would probably be better. When you have the extension on the 26 the length of the grip is the same as the 19. The 19 would be a little easier to hold onto and controllable.

If cost is a consideration I'd go with a 9mm over a .40sw. Ammo is much cheaper most places, which means you can practice more. Depending on the market, .40 is right there with .45 sometimes, other times it's right between 9mm and .45.