tuning a c5/c6

hpfiend

hey all-

what software/tuner would you use and why?

hptuners? diablo? EFILive? LS1Edit, etc?

Interested in looking at competitive driving mode,active handling, torque management, paddle shifters on an auto, built in HUD shift indicator, CAGS, etc.

Thanks,

Andrew

hey all-

what software/tuner would you use and why?

hptuners? diablo? EFILive? LS1Edit, etc?

Interested in looking at competitive driving mode,active handling, torque management, paddle shifters on an auto, built in HUD shift indicator, CAGS, etc.

Thanks,

Andrew

It would be EFIlive or HPTuners, Diablo and LS1 Edit are out dated and are limited on features. EFI and HP are really similar as I've used both. I'm really not sure how much if any you can change competitive driving mode,active handling, or HUD, but the rest can be modified fairly easily. Personally I'd recommend EFIlive because I like the layout and it was originally designed for the LS1 and Duramax so it has a few more features for those PCMs. HP was created to be a complete tuning software with more coverage, so it wasn't as focused on just the LS1 cars, but its a very complete "tuning" software ie engine mods.

you can't tune anything in competitive driving mode or active handling. both are linked with the EBCM and there is no tuning software for that. you might be able to tune the PCM side of it but nothing else.

competitive driving mode only turns off traction control and leaves active handing on.

active handling controls your brakes by applying brake pressure to the inside wheels to help control a skid.

you can't tune anything in competitive driving mode or active handling. both are linked with the EBCM and there is no tuning software for that. you might be able to tune the PCM side of it but nothing else.

competitive driving mode only turns off traction control and leaves active handing on.

active handling controls your brakes by applying brake pressure to the inside wheels to help control a skid.

This is what I figured, but wasn't sure if it modded shift points or anything in the PCM. So like AJ is saying only if it affects the PCM, or ECM/TCM in newer cars, is the software available.

Thanks guys- EFI live sounds like what I want

AJ- Is a c6 EBCM compatible with a c5? Do you know who makes them?

I think I am interested in the PCM side of the traction control anyhow...

Scott- Would you say EFIlive is worth $150 more than the Pro version and 300 more than the basic version of HP tuners?

Edited by hpfiend