Bullrun

Disclaimer

watched it.

looked ghey. sorry, it seemed scripted as it is with all "reality" tv these days.

although on a side note, it would be very cool to actually go through with the idea of the original bullrun, and not these fancy made for tv games.

and on another side, you mean to say there is something on Speed besides nascar now???

• 11 months later...

Ohh yea?? You want to take the 'bird over some dirt whoops and break through a pane of glass w/ it?? :)

I haven't picked a winner yet... I'm still feeling out the teams, a lot of them are underspoken this year.

I do hope Team Lambo ends up like Team Evo from season two... :devil:

sure, we'll see what she can do...

my prediction is simply based on the commercials. Last years winner (the super snake) was in all the black magic commercials during the season. Charger is in all of them this year...ergo charger wins, got the black magic commercial spots/sponsorship/spokesperson/whatever.

I watched the first 2 episodes but forgot to record the last one, I like all the tricks the two brothers are playing on everyone. Kinda bogus but hilarity ensues for me so its ok in my book

Im watching it.. I think its entertaining, I haven't missed an episode since it started a couple years back.

I don't know, I think its gonna be a toss up between challenger and lambo for the win. I think both of them will be around til the end though.

I watched the original season and the first three episodes on SPEED so far of season 2.

Just wondered if anyone else watches this show? Prediction of final winner? Anyone want to do this next year with me? I'll be a happy navigator. ;)

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/bullrun/

I thought about doing this, but the abuse they put your cars through is insane. The season with the Lambo, I feel so bad with how much abuse that car took. I don't think I could bring myself to crash my car through plate glass.

I had a couple of friends make the final 45 on Season two, but they didnt get picked. (FD RX7, and they were fresh back from Iraq using that as their deal).

This last season I "know" the two girls in the turbo SC300. They are very active on Supraforums.

I thought about doing this, but the abuse they put your cars through is insane. The season with the Lambo, I feel so bad with how much abuse that car took. I don't think I could bring myself to crash my car through plate glass.

I had a couple of friends make the final 45 on Season two, but they didnt get picked. (FD RX7, and they were fresh back from Iraq using that as their deal).

This last season I "know" the two girls in the turbo SC300. They are very active on Supraforums.

I made it past the first round of interviews for Season 1 (the team being my dad and I in my Grand National), but after seeing Season 1, I'm really glad I didn't get passed the second round of interviews.

I watched the first 2 episodes but forgot to record the last one, I like all the tricks the two brothers are playing on everyone. Kinda bogus but hilarity ensues for me so its ok in my book

worry not, they always play last week before the new week, so just record both thursday,

One of my favorite moments had to be from season 1, the drag race between Lotus and F150... Drag race towards a cement block wall.

Lotus completes the 1/4 mile and stops within 10 seconds. So the redneck in the F-150 says "this is all about guts, we're going straight through"

(dumb ass! your truck can't even do a 1/4 mile in 10 seconds, it's a stock effing F-150) so they hit the wall and totally destroy their front end, and then piss and moan that the challenge was unfair. Hilarious! It was almost as good as the evo crash from season 2.

Edited by magley64

worry not, they always play last week before the new week, so just record both thursday,

I try and hit the Friday morning rerun as my DVR is booked solid on Thurs nights :lol:

Talk about dumb wrecks, what about last year when team Dart was celebrating and rolled their car over. Show is pretty entertaining but I think a lot is scripted. The best parts of the show are the times between the challenges, when the contests show how dumb they are like the 2 girls in the Lexus. 2 dumb dirt whistles they are. I will watch and I am betting on team Lambo or Challenger win. All the other cars are to unreliable or there navigators are not good enough to win.

Edited by jayjie15

• 3 weeks later...
Glad to see the chicks gone again...

that ugly one was running her mouth way too much, and turns out she couldn't drive for sh*t anyway...

"I'm a race car driver"

I'd like to see her 'race' resume.

I haven't watched every episode, but I did see that clip where she 'admits' to team Lambo that she's a race driver. Previously, her navigator had said the driver had entered "a couple drift competitions" or something.

My brother and I have talked about trying to get on Bull Run. The idea was to be the first team to ride. (separate bikes, thank you) But I doubt the producers would go for that. It would either limit the challenges too much, or increase their liability insurance!

That said, I wouldn't bring a super nice car. I would LOVE to enter a Subaru WRX, but it wouldn't be an STi. I think there are at least 3 things to consider for that competition:

- road course manners (i.e. acceleration and handling), but this is probably the LEAST significant of the factors.

- off-road ability (it seems like there are a lot of dirt challenges, so maybe 'ground clearance' is the better way to phrase it)

- GAS MILEAGE. That's why I wouldn't bring an STi.

in season 1, Team Scion got eliminated right away, but I remember them saying, "i love that everyone else had to stop on this leg, and we could drive straight through." That is a HUGE advantage for the actual rally, and should help keep you out of the challenges.

the only 'performance modification' I'd make to any car I entered would be this:

rick_2008sep03_150232.jpg