CCW in a Commercial Vehicle

99FLHRCI

Is it legal? Specifically in an ambulance when you are an EMT. My father is a licensed CCW. He rides in/drives an ambulance for work. Is he legally allowed to posses a firearm while doing so? He is under the belief that because it is a commercial vehicle and they transport members of the public (similar to taxi and bus drivers) he is prohibited from doing so. Any citations of ORC allowing or banning this would be greatly appreciated. I have checked Ohio Concealed Carry and Buckeye Firearms and can't seem to find anything.

Don't know, but I always thought in a situation that's likely hostile or known to be hostile, the medics usually wait for police to secure the scene before they begin to help anyone. I know I wouldn't fucking be trying to save the life of someone who has been shot unless there was a LEO there to insure the bad guys weren't ready to take me out too.

Don't know, but I always thought in a situation that's likely hostile or known to be hostile, the medics usually wait for police to secure the scene before they begin to help anyone. I know I wouldn't fucking be trying to save the life of someone who has been shot unless there was a LEO there to insure the bad guys weren't ready to take me out too.

This.

No need for it. We would wait about half mile away from anything that's a hostile environment until the cops secured it. That's thier job, not mine.

This works fine and dandy for the known bad situations. CCW in my opinion is for the unknown. If you knew what was going to happen everywhere you went why would you ever need a CCW or a gun in general. There are to many unknowns in daily life let alone when you are responding to medical emergencies. Very easy for a unknown subject down to be the result of a gang beating, domestic violence or drug deal gone bad.

1. No, he can't, at least not all the time. CCW does not apply to hospitals; it's prohibited. And I'm going to assume he's in a hospital quite frequently. LEOs are allowed, but not us common folk.

2. I'd check with company policy before I did anything. Sounds like a good way to get fired if you tested them.

3. He's a radio-click away from having a whole slew of cops at his disposal.