Not the iPhone but Verizon is getting the ipad

V8 Beast

I just read that it will be the wifi model, and it will be sold with a wireless modem to gain 3G access. So it's not actually cdma

I thought 3G was basically a marketing thing and that verizon 3G was still CDMA technology and 3G AT&T was still gsm.

Hence why a 3G verizon phone won't work in Europe.

I thought 3G was basically a marketing thing and that verizon 3G was still CDMA technology and 3G AT&T was still gsm.

Hence why a 3G verizon phone won't work in Europe.

It's not a marketing thing, but you're right. Verizon is CDMA and AT&T is GSM, which is why the iPad won't work on verizon's network without this separate CDMA 3G modem...you'd be better of just buying a a wifi modem and then using your android phone as a wifi hotspot....oh wait...verizon charges for that too.

Yeah, just came back to post that it needs the mifi to work. Not sure if I like this one...

And why wouldn't you charge for the hotspot? When you have as many customers as verizon you can't afford to have one phone supporting multiple people at no extra charge. From a single user its no big deal... but 1 million could become 5 million at no extra charge and bog down the network. Its not the bandwith as much as it is people would be online more due to it being free. Having more people online and adding in the people sharing would result in a situation like ATT had in NY. They could make everything free like people want but it is a business. Maybe in a few years with LTE but definitely not now.

Meh, Mifi only for verizon, but another bridge to prove Verizon is a just around the corner for the iPhone.

Nope, found out the ipad is going to be sold openly at stores and stuff as well. The iphone piece I'm still skeptical about.