Tell me about Costa Rica

TimTaylor751647545500

I think we've narrowed down our honeymoon destination to Costa Rica next year and I am now trying to gather more information and trying to get input from those that have been. We really like a place on the Caribbean side that is right on the beach amidst the rain forest. If anyone has any input, please feel free to chime in as to what your opinions/reviews you may have.

Thanks peeps!

Never been but I've heard some great stuff about the mountains (hiking) and mountain biking there. I'd really like to go sometime just for those reasons. Something to look into for while you are there and not humping like rabbits. :cool: I likely know multiple people that have been just for that purpose (the mountains). I will see some of the likely suspects this Sunday. I can ask around where to go if you are interested. Hopefully Eric will chime in, I'm sure he's read up on it.

http://www.fincacolibri.com/images/chirripo.jpg

I went when i was a junior in high school, its a beautiful place, but i don't remember any of the names of the places we stayed. I know there was 1 place that had a gorgeous white sand beach and it was about a 15 min walk to the rain forest that we took a tour of. I would love to go back some day.

. I know there was 1 place that had a gorgeous white sand beach and it was about a 15 min walk to the rain forest that we took a tour of.

Probably Manuel Antonio which is on the Pacific side, outstanding beaches and great hiking all in one spot.

The Caribbean side beaches, at least the ones I visited were not as good for hanging out, lots of protruding coral and course sand. Great surfing/snorkling... obviously not at the same time though since good surfing waves = cloudy water.

Next time I go back I'll probably stick to the Pacific side for beaches and spend more time in the north checking out the volcano's.

- definitely rent a car/suv, eff bus travel, tons of fun roads to explore.