replacing drum brakes

copperhead

i would think almost anywhere, since you can get rotors done at about every parts store. I guess Ive always assumed that the machine did both

just look at the drum to see if its grooved, and how big the lip has gotten on the inside... drums dont do all that much anyway lol

Personally, I would replace them. Unless I can cut the drums myself, I don't even bother. To many times I have got them back with only a fast cut or a crappy cut. If you get just a fast cut the drum is actually threaded to the point that it will grab the shoes and pull them away from the backing plate. When the hold down springs over come the threads the shoes slam back against the backing plate. The result is BANG BANG BANG as you stop. The other benefit to new drums is they are thicker. They can dissipate more heat and wont get out of round as quickly. IF there is enough material to turn it and IF you get a good cut, you might get lucky and have no problems.

FYI I replaced rear brake shoes on a 97 monte carlo and I replaced the rear drums, test drove the car and it had a bad braking vibration, so I resurfaced the new drums and sure enough they were out of round, after the resurface the vibration was gone. so if her drums aren't that bad take them to a parts store and have them resurfaced it'll be cheaper to do that

Cavalier drums have got to be cheap....I bought calipers for a cavalier for like $20 and they were the new Eclipse calipers from Napa which is their premium line. I would replace the drum just to not deal with turning old ones but thats me, it's not that it's unsafe or anything.