Salvage Title.

dover

Rebuilt vehicles have to pass rigorous inspection to get back on the road, so they are usually VERY safe if not safer than other cars out there.

This is not always the case. When I started to tell the officer what I had done to repair the car, he said he didn't need to know any of that. I could have put it back together with wood screws. No questions at all about how it was fixed. The ONLY thing they were concerned with was making sure the VIN's for all of the replaced parts matched the receipts for those parts. Basically they're making sure you haven't put it back together with stolen parts. You can have a gaping hole in the center of the steering wheel where the airbag used to be and they don't care.

Maybe it depends on which location you take it to, but from my experiences it's not a safety inspection.

This is not always the case. When I started to tell the officer what I had done to repair the car, he said he didn't need to know any of that. I could have put it back together with wood screws. No questions at all about how it was fixed. The ONLY thing they were concerned with was making sure the VIN's for all of the replaced parts matched the receipts for those parts. Basically they're making sure you haven't put it back together with stolen parts. You can have a gaping hole in the center of the steering wheel where the airbag used to be and they don't care.

Maybe it depends on which location you take it to, but from my experiences it's not a safety inspection.

its for sure NOT a safety inspection the state just collects a fee and makes sure you aren't using stolen parts

You would be amazed at what totals a car.

I repaired a ladies Pontiac Aztek.

I replaced,

Frt. Cover

Header Panel

Drv Headlamp

Drv Fender

Drv Susp Assy

Blended The Hood and Door

You would've done that lady (and the world) a favor by keeping the front end wrecked on an Aztek. I can't imagine how that thing could look any worse. :lol:

This is true. We have rebilt a few cars and ive done 3 bikes and they dont care at all if things are safe or fixed correctly. As long as you have all your lights and bumpers all they check is to make sure parts are not stolen. And its the state hwy patrol that does the inspections not a dealer.

I owned a rebuilt title viper, not a problem, if you just want to drive it, beat it and use it up, if you are looking to make money in the future than no, salvage cars are great to use up, and if you wreck it there is a ton of money in parting it out!

Who will finance a car with a rebuilt title? I'm looking at something as well and it doesn't look like to may place will finance them. I've checked 4 places and they all said that they can't.

You cant get a loan for a "salvage title" vehical but you can for a "rebuilt salvage title" car