Class III weapons

Hwilli1647545487

License is pretty much if you want to demo for LE or become a dealer. Most people cannot obtain this unless they have an FFL and a storefront.

Tax Stamp is if you want to obtain ownership of it, whether you are a business (entity) or an individual.

License is pretty much if you want to demo for LE or become a dealer. Most people cannot obtain this unless they have an FFL and a storefront.

Tax Stamp is if you want to obtain ownership of it, whether you are a business (entity) or an individual.

What he said. You don't need a license to buy Title II items; only a tax stamp. $200 per NFA goodness, complete a form, and wait about 6 months for the ATF to OK it, and you're GTG. No need to be a C3 dealer unless you plan on buying and selling them as a business.

Actually, the last I heard they streamlined it quite a bit (but this Admin could have changed it)... When I was doing them for people as a business it was 3-5 weeks and individuals usually saw it in 8-10 weeks or less. They moved to HQ to KY, I believe and really sped it up.

Actually, the last I heard they streamlined it quite a bit (but this Admin could have changed it)... When I was doing them for people as a business it was 3-5 weeks and individuals usually saw it in 8-10 weeks or less. They moved to HQ to KY, I believe and really sped it up.

I'm still hearing 5-6 months.