Netflix no longer requires a disc for PS3!!

Nitrousbird

I've been using more of their streaming service lately (mainly TV shows), and last night, I got a notice saying to download the application for my PS3, and that I can throw away the disc. Looks like the Microsoft Xbox 360 contract is up. :)

Had to do an update for my PS3 (which was for the 3D support...now I just need to get the transmitter/glasses), and installed the Netflix application.

The interface is a lot nicer looking, more functionality, and more user friendly. Not having to put a disc in is nice. I assume the Wii no longer needs a disc either, but I never use the Wii for Netflix streaming, so I can't confirm.

The lineup is getting a lot better. Still tons of room for improvement, but is far better than it was several months ago.

This.

It is great for those older random movies you have forgot about or to watch episodes of tv shows.

I was reading somewhere the other day, they plan on having the ability to have everything but new releases able to be streamed within he next 2 years. I cant remember the source, but I will keep my fingers crossed that is accurate.