Anybody find Vid of the UR TT Gallardo Crash @ TX Mile?

Turbotrio

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was also a black one racing owned by the same guy as the other orange that didn't crash.

What do you want to know about it?

I saw the entire run/crash and I hate to say it but it wasn't the wind. If you see the vid from last years 249/250 runs you'll know why it spun. Unfortunatly this year he didn't have room and went off the pavement.

They said he had over $1.2M in the build from start to crash... :(

I've got lots of pics and video just need time to load it.

There was also a black one racing owned by the same guy as the other orange that didn't crash.

What do you want to know about it?

I saw the entire run/crash and I hate to say it but it wasn't the wind. If you see the vid from last years 249/250 runs you'll know why it spun. Unfortunatly this year he didn't have room and went off the pavement.

They said he had over $1.2M in the build from start to crash... :(

I've got lots of pics and video just need time to load it.

Jonah owns both the black and orange TT UGR Gallardos. The black one makes around 1200-1300 AWHP and the Orange is suppose to make around 1800AWHP. He is on SupraForums I don't know if he still owns his high horsepower supra or not.

I'll say it, that dude can't drive.

Jonah owns both the black and orange TT UGR Gallardos. The black one makes around 1200-1300 AWHP and the Orange is suppose to make around 1800AWHP. He is on SupraForums I don't know if he still owns his high horsepower supra or not.

I'll say it, that dude can't drive.

Yep, that's him! :bangbang:

At the second part... ;)

That particular spin vid is Jonah on Sat night and not the wrecked car. People were talking shit but I'm sure it's a little tough hooking 1,800+whp on an unprepared surface (no-VHT or anything). I think the Black one is making a little more than that now.

The totaled Gallardo could have been avoided though...

As expected there is so much misinformation floating around. I was there at the 3/4 marker and caught the whole thing. It was pretty scary as we all thought he was dead.

This was the first time UGR/Richard deployed a chute at this speed. The cross wind had little to do with the accident. 1st mistake: Richard hit the brakes before it was deployed. 2nd mistake: chute was mounted too low, at the wrong angle, and without a launcher. You'll see in the video it was deploying about 18 inches off the ground (due to the velocity) and when it opened, it lifted the rear.

I have a really good video, but I can't post for another couple days.

And for those who say Richard can't drive, he'll admit he's careless at times, but he can out drive 100% of this board. He said he's done with these cars now, but he's coming back next year with one of his turbo busas. We'll see....I think it was the adrenaline talking.....

And Richard represents he spent $1.2M total, not just on that car. :)

Between Jonah's 5 UGR cars, Kyle's and Richard's....they make up 80% of UGR...and paid for Kevin's Rolex, his wife's tits, and her tacky ring. ;) The only shop more arrogant and annoying than these guys is AMS...and they don't even have the average talent UGR does....:eek:

so this is from this year as well? He spun it out on one pass and then totaled it later?

Different cars and different drivers....

The car that spun at the start is Jonah (no wing or stripe) LP-560-4. It's an AWD manual car (1 of 3 in the country). The spin happened Saturday afternoon just before dark...

The car that crashed was Richard, Orange Superleggero RWD E-gear car with the stripe and spoiler (#0013).

http://motormavens.com/emAlbum/albums/Contributors/James%20Evins/Events/Texas%20Mile%202010/IMG_3841_UGR_Twin_Turbo_Gallardo.jpg

What were you racing Jamie, I never saw you?

As expected there is so much misinformation floating around. I was there at the 3/4 marker and caught the whole thing. It was pretty scary as we all thought he was dead.

This was the first time UGR/Richard deployed a chute at this speed. The cross wind had little to do with the accident. 1st mistake: Richard hit the brakes before it was deployed. 2nd mistake: chute was mounted too low, at the wrong angle, and without a launcher. You'll see in the video it was deploying about 18 inches off the ground (due to the velocity) and when it opened, it lifted the rear.

I have a really good video, but I can't post for another couple days.

And for those who say Richard can't drive, he'll admit he's careless at times, but he can out drive 100% of this board. He said he's done with these cars now, but he's coming back next year with one of his turbo busas. We'll see....I think it was the adrenaline talking.....

And Richard represents he spent $1.2M total, not just on that car. :)

Between Jonah's 5 UGR cars, Kyle's and Richard's....they make up 80% of UGR...and paid for Kevin's Rolex, his wife's tits, and her tacky ring. ;) The only shop more arrogant and annoying than these guys is AMS...and they don't even have the average talent UGR does....:eek:

I'm waiting for all the videos to start to pop up over the next few weeks.