93 talon 4g63 nt sputters and will not rev passed 4k

Shawn89

Have you looked at the fuel pressure yet? I've got a 190 pump around here somewhere I can loan you. That and I still say plug wires. I bought a flurry of parts for my mothers Jetta trying to fix a similar problem this summer, new maf, coil, plugs, wires. Changed the wires out again, and it ran fine.

For as cheap as they are, I'd still change the plugs before you throw any more expensive parts at it. I have had mishandled plugs right from the parts store more than once. Sometimes they can be cracked/loose at the base where the porcelain meets the hex and be electrically open but look just fine. You could test them, but for $8 I'd just swap them.

May still not be the problem, but certainly worth trying at this point I'd say.

If the jack-hole that sells you the plugs slams them on the counter - have him get you another set.

I haven't checked the fuel pressure yet but ill try and to that today. I made new plug wires from a new set I had laying around, I've done that before and it worked fine. I checked the power resistor on the maf and it showed 1.1ohms. Ill get a new set of plugs and see if that helps.