New S&W M&P15R 5.45x39 700+ shipping

1fast5gp

not a bad price, but ar's are still cheaper. Also this rifle is Direct impingement instead of piston operated like ar's are.

Umm, no, the vast majority of AR-type rifles are DI, pistons are new and relatively far between. Did you mean piston operated like AKs are?

OT: Decent price, I still don't think the cost between 5.45 and 5.56 is different enough to warrant a change for myself.

Umm, no, the vast majority of AR-type rifles are DI, pistons are new and relatively far between. Did you mean piston operated like AKs are?

OT: Decent price, I still don't think the cost between 5.45 and 5.56 is different enough to warrant a change for myself.

was talking about ak's and put ar.

I think the beauty of the design is that it can still be 'junk' and get the job done.

I'm sure many people would say the same thing about some cars on this site. That's a pretty solid deal for that, but the 5.45 fad has passed. 5.56 is available now, and the 5.45 rifles aren't as reliable and get corroded. I'd probably be more interested in a 7.62 x 25 AR than this one honestly, but good deal.