Jailbreak

Rgreen

might have misread it i thought at first he was trying to avoid paying the data fee though ATT but now that i read it again perhaps he is asking to tether. The former you cant do but the latter you can with many apps

He sent me a pm asking how to not use data so that is why i thought he meant trying to find a way to avoid paying bandwidth for ATT

might have misread it i thought at first he was trying to avoid paying the data fee though ATT but now that i read it again perhaps he is asking to tether. The former you cant do but the latter you can with many apps

He sent me a pm asking how to not use data so that is why i thought he meant trying to find a way to avoid paying bandwidth for ATT

Oh, if he was asking to avoid paying the monthly data plan, of course that is no, but that's not how it was worded. That said, I don't thing the OP should be jailbreaking his phone simply based on previous posts.

I'm still confused. I don't know what "3G Wifi" is. It sounds to me he's asking for a way to get data but not through 3G so he doesn't get charged for going over 2GB a month. If that's the question, the answer is simple. Use Wifi. You don't have to jailbreak your iPhone for that.

My wifi signal is weak and o thought there was a way to have a wifi hotspot that uses AT&T 3G signal

So you are stealing someone else's WiFi huh?

I'm guessing you are a new AT&T customer and do not have an unlimited data plan correct? If you don't have an unlimited data plan then no, Jailbreaking will not fix your issue. You are screwed.

If you have a unlimited data plan, then Jail break and use an app.

Oh, yeah you can do that.

Jailbreak, and buy MyWi from Cydia for $10.

MyWi 4.0 is $19.95 now, or you can go through a fairly short process of getting it for free. :)

As for the OP, since you are going to ask more questions, here are your answers:

- Quit using the term 3G Wifi. It does NOT MAKE ANY SENSE.

- You are on a limited plan. You do not have unlimited data through 3G/Edge network

- There is no way to make your limited plan unlimited. Period.

- Wifi is not 3G; wifi is connecting to a wireless router (you may have heard the term wireless hot spot, means basically the same thing to you). That is connecting to the internet via a different internet provider, such as a wireless router connected to a cable provider's internet service, DSL, etc.

- There are programs (such as MyWi) that can allow your iPhone to act as a wireless router for other devices. This will use up your data through the 3G connection.

- If your 3G signal is low at your home and you are trying to fix that, AT&T does sell devices you can install in your home to boost the signal.

- If connecting to a wifi (hotspot), that data would be unlimited, provider whatever service provider is sourcing that internet connection is unlimited.

Does this cover everything?

- If your 3G signal is low at your home and you are trying to fix that, AT&T does sell devices you can install in your home to boost the signal.

LOL What is he going to do knock on his neighbors door and ask him to connect the femtocell to his network, so that he can continue to steal wifi, not to mention the signal would still be weak. LOL.

This guy clearly doesn't have an ISP at home, or he wouldn't be paying the Fee to AT&T to tether and using many GB of data.

I'm not stealing Internet shitty Internet has poor signal Ive used 6 gb of data in two weeks it's gent pricey. I didn't understand website guy said if you use my wifi it uses AT&T 3G signal acting like a wifi signal that way you don't have crazy data charges

No they don't offer one that's y I said paying for a data plan

EVERYONE pays for a data plan, it is just whether it is limited or unlimited plan.

AT&T no longer offers an unlimited plan, but they did. I got my AT&T contract this past spring and have the unlimited plan. Most of the iPhone users here have the unlimited plan, which is why the question is being asked.

Sorry my bad I had that but I switched to verizion and lost my unlimited. I had droid phone and I went through 2 droid phones in less than a month that stopped working for me so I went back to AT&T and I couldn't get unlimited plan back

So you are stealing someone else's WiFi huh?

I'm guessing you are a new AT&T customer and do not have an unlimited data plan correct? If you don't have an unlimited data plan then no, Jailbreaking will not fix your issue. You are screwed.

If you have a unlimited data plan, then Jail break and use an app.

There are no unlimited plans, there never was. The old unlimited had a 5GB cap.