F-ING ATT UVerse!

Mallard

The tv in my house usually only goes between a few channels, local news, HGTV, DIY Network, and SPEED. Today ATT shut off HGTV, DIY, and Food Network over a contract dispute, but to 'make it better' they are giving a free preview of TLC (so now I have TLC on two channels), CMT (I hate country music), ION (who really gives a fuck), and Bravo (which I now have twice also).

ATT can blow me. I'll be canceling tomorrow unless it's back.

Yeah, true. ATT claims the network wants to charge them 3 times as much as other carriers, but it sounds like there's more to the story. The network says they agreed to ATT's distribution fee's but the dispute is over ATT wanting to distribute the networks video "in way's that go beyond normal business practices."

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10912955/1/atampt-u-verse-drops-hgtv-food-network-other-family-friendly-networks-from-its-channel-lineup.html

Either way, now I have no use for Uverse.

Gee, and most people leave Uverse because their shit doesn't work right half the time.

As far as contracts though, these broadcast groups are raking ALL television service providers over the coals. Sadly, it is the consumer that suffers. Most TV service providers make nearly nothing in TV service, and make up for it in HSD/Phone service. The dish folks make up for it in bundling with other providers, selling equipment, and their overhead costs are lower (plus better contract rates due to massive customer base).

Yeah, true. ATT claims the network wants to charge them 3 times as much as other carriers, but it sounds like there's more to the story. The network says they agreed to ATT's distribution fee's but the dispute is over ATT wanting to distribute the networks video "in way's that go beyond normal business practices."

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10912955/1/atampt-u-verse-drops-hgtv-food-network-other-family-friendly-networks-from-its-channel-lineup.html

Either way, now I have no use for Uverse.

I bet it's because of AT&T's Uverse iPhone app that let's you watch live uverse TV on your iPhone.

I also have Uverse and the U200 package and I can confirm this issue as well. My GF was the one who noticed it because she watches all those affected channels. Haven't noticed any communications from ATT about this so thats kinda disappointing.

The tv in my house usually only goes between a few channels, local news, HGTV, DIY Network, and SPEED.

My GF was the one who noticed it because she watches all those affected channels.

Stop watching chick channels? :confused:

:D

Sucks though. At least most of you have options. Where I'm at it's Time Warner or nothing for cable and I rent so satellite is more of a hassle than it's worth.

In 2011, WOW will be releasing a lot more HD channels too. From what I gather (no channel details yet) it will be a very significant increase in HD content. :)

Too bad I'm stuck with Time Warner where i live. :( I'm getting to the point where I need to look into DirectTV/Dish.

In 2011, WOW will be releasing a lot more HD channels too. From what I gather (no channel details yet) it will be a very significant increase in HD content. :)

I really hope so. I have been thinking of switching back to TW just because they have a lot more HD channels than the 45 I get now. Now most of the channels I watch regularly are in HD, but still the few that are not suck when I have to watch them.

Hopefully they will, I have suggested channels I wish were HD on their website. Specifically MTV, VH1, Spike and Comedy Central. Also HBO HD on demand would be nice.

Insight is supposed to be rolling out the total home DVR stuff in early 2011 and I guess that'll be coming with additional HD channels. I'd like a speed increase to come with that but I doubt it. Probably switching to Uverse because of that for their 24/3. 15/.768 is just prehistoric. Especially when it takes them 7-8 months to fix a problem that drops that 15 number to about 3 most nights.

Stop watching chick channels? :confused:

:D

Sucks though. At least most of you have options. Where I'm at it's Time Warner or nothing for cable and I rent so satellite is more of a hassle than it's worth.

What will I do if I can't watch "The Vanilla Ice Project?!"

Hopefully they will, I have suggested channels I wish were HD on their website. Specifically MTV, VH1, Spike and Comedy Central. Also HBO HD on demand would be nice.

It's not a might, or "hopefully they will," WOW in 2011 is rolling out a pile of new HD channels.

Wow.....TWC has rolled out those channels some time ago.

TWC now has 110 HD channels in the Columbus Market, and will be close to 200 by the end of next year. We just rolled out 5 new HD Channels last week. Literally as soon as we get the Receiver and Encoder, the channel is going live.