Meet Patches

TTQ B4U

Some may remember our little pup adopted early this summer. He grew quickly but at just over 5 months has slowed up a bit. He's a little over 40lbs and getting along just great with our Female Boxer, Xena, who is now about 63lbs.

We weren't too sure what he was, but after having met with the folks at Rascal Mobile Vets who have an identical pup right now, we are pretty sure like their rescue, that he is part black lab and part Boxer (white boxers are normally put down) He's a short, little guy both in height and body length. Definitely has the body of a lab but the personality of a Boxer. Shorter hair, but a little thicker and softer than a boxer.

He wouldn't sit still much so only one shot tonight. Thanks for viewing.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/130108688/original.jpg

Breeders do what they can to discourage them at birth. Perhaps I shouldn't state they are put down. Many are not, but "breeders" typically will either put them down in order to keep the undesirable gene out of the population. Unfortunately they do tend to suffer from more hearing issues and skin problems. While I do agree that Boxers shouldn't be bred to be white, and I do believe should be spayed or neutered, I would never suggest they be put down.

As you can see, our little guy is doing well and loving life :)